Dual Sump Setup Question!

RonaldoH

I've drilled many 10g frag tanks, never broke a single one. I did break a 60g tank once. The good thing is that you can find used 10g tanks for free or dirt cheap to practice on. Here is a pick of when I drilled my 12g frag tank that has been up and running for over a year,
The glass in that pic looks thicker than a 10 gallon. Drilling it isn't the problem its the stress of the plumbing on the glass once its installed.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
The glass in that pic looks thicker than a 10 gallon. Drilling it isn't the problem its the stress of the plumbing on the glass once its installed.
Well everyone has their own opinion. I know i have personally drilled 10g petco tanks and used bulkheads on them as I made the same set up for a qt once. if you tighten a bulkhead too much it will crack as well. come out to the next LARS meeting, this would be a fun discussion.

RonaldoH

Well everyone has their own opinion. I know i have personally drilled 10g petco tanks and used bulkheads on them as I made the same set up for a qt once. if you tighten a bulkhead too much it will crack as well. come out to the next LARS meeting, this would be a fun discussion.
Of course! If everyone knew it all we wouldnt need this site! I tend to overbuild things so I reinforced the glass in the 10 gallon and had no problem but I also have seen some people online like you mentioned drilling and had no problem.