Happy day in the reef (love days like these)

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
I still stress a lot about my tank so this was a good day. :)

I got a Starry Blenny from Vivid on Sunday. I gambled and didn't QT him as 1) he was from Vivid and 2) after the QT crash a few weeks ago that killed 5 fish I'm reluctant to risk it (yet). He was VERY stressed at the store in his little cup but looked otherwise totally healthy. Got him acclimated and into the tank and he immediately perched on a frag rack looking freaked out. Then he kicked my royal gramma out of his home, stayed there for a bit then hid under a rock. He showed no interest in food whatsoever. This morning he was perched by my birdsnest looking sorry for himself, curled up and breathing fast and no interest in food. He didn't move from the spot all morning. When I got home he was still in the same spot and still looking sad and depressed. He hadn't touched the nori on the clip (I have no algae for him to graze.)

So at feeding time I totally flooded the tank with food - Reef Chili, Microvore, and Selcon. At first he didn't react but then it was like he got kick-started and started biting at rocks and moved to the top of the rock wall. Eventually he made it to the nori and started chowing down. Now he's hanging out right next to it. :) I am SO happy! I was worried he'd starve himself.

All 6 sexy shrimp are happily living on the side of the tank with the LPS and mini maxis. None have gotten killed or eaten. I have pods like crazy, making me hopeful the tank will be ready for a mandarin soon. One of the pom pom crabs made an appearance and the new porcelain crab looks happy. Other than my fickle Sunny Ds all coral are looking good.

I love days like these. :)

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Congrats on getting him to eat. I also stress when a fish is not eating. I have 2 potter wrasse that weren't eating for a week and would worry every day! now they eat pellets :)

Cool Meghan. I'm glad the blenny is doing great. It is a awesome feeling seeing your fish pass that hump. Good luck happy reefing

Glad he has settled in so well :) Gotta celebrate those " I Love my tank!" days.. cause god knows we get enough of the ":frusty:WHY do I do this to myself?" hiccups along the way in this hobby lol