I am pretty new to reef keeping.
I started with JBJ 12 gal fish only tank. I wanted to start keeping SPS. Last year I upgraded to a JBJ 28 gal. Its been running for 14 months now.

Lights: Rapid LED
Skimmer: Aquaeuro nano skimmer
Additives: RedSea program
Power head: Jebao wp10
Apex Jr controller
Animals: yellow tang, orange cardinal, yellow goby, diamond head goby, pinstrippe wrass, emerald crab, hermits, turbo snails
Corals: montis, acros, stylopora, duncan, mushrooms, chalice, acros, polyps, and hammers.
Chemistry: sal 1.025, pH 8.0-8.4, alk 5.6, nitrite 0, nitrate 0, PO4 .03, Ca 450, Mg 1600
5 gal water change every 2 weeks.

Only issue that I have is keeping the Alk higher. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

What test kit are you using?

The magnesium seems high at 1600 and your dKh is definitely low. Are you dosing at all? If not you should look into it. Sps are considered harder to keep because they require a lot more maintenance and a stable tank. Parameters should not fluctuate a lot, if at all. Also, your calcium will drop severely if you add a lot of sps quickly.

And mind you, I'm not a tang police but I do think that you tang might be cramped, and if not, he definitely will eventually be. Hope you have rehoming plans.

My mag is always off the chart, using Red Sea coral pro salt. Usually always above 1600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using Red Sea Kit and Red Sea Foundation ABC+ every water change. I follow how much to add based on the Ca level. I checked my water every week. This week I didn't add anything. I have been dosing my Alk with Red Sea Foundation B. I follow the instruction on how much solution to add.

When I started my tank I wanted to start everything small, corals and fishes. I haven't added new SPS and corals.
In regards to the yellow tang, I bought the smallest yellow tang I could find. It has a very good appetite. Over the last 6 months it has triple its size. I feed it with mysis shrimps and nori seaweed. It looks healthy and happy. If it gets bigger I may need to trade/sell it.

pgr11

Supporter
We present you the Madden NFL Mobile Hack which is our new release. It is a tool which can add infinite amount of Coins and Cash to your game account. Works with all Android and iOS mobile devices.

>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD MADDEN NFL MOBILE HACK Tool 2015 <<<<<<<<<<<
He's hacked the system!!!! He's sending all the emails

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts