Noobie Here

R33FN00BIE

Hello everybody, My name is Matt. I have been keeping freshwater fish for years and I am currently looking into converting into the saltwater world. I currently keep African Cichlids and Koi. I really enjoy my fish! Im starting to get a little board with the cichlids, never will get board with the KOI....LoL....Anyway, I would appreciate any help i can get. I have been doing some research and plan to educate myself before converting over. I consider myself pretty knowledgable regarding the nitrogen cycle and maintaining an ecosystem. Im just not real confident/knowledgable when it comes to saltwater.

Current set ups:
1. 90g glass with a Fluvial FX5 (African Cichlids)
2. 10g glass with an internal filter and sponge. (African Cichlid Fry)
3. 1500g concrete Koi pond with a 30g sand filter and a 20g aquaultravilot bead filter.

I am interested in converting my 90g into a reef tank. Have been doing research on DIY aquarium drilling so i can set it up on a sump. I haven't be able to confirm wether or not the bottom glass is tempered yet, solely because I am out of town....

Welcome. You will find a ton of info here. All you need to do is ask............

And post pictures of your progress.....

planbtypea

Welcome to the dysfunctional reefing family. I would drill the back not the bottom. When you do set up, take your time.

Welcome! Converting your 90g to saltwater won't be a problem unless you previously dose copper in your tank. Other than that. Feel free to ask for advice.

Latest posts