0 TDS but 0.5 phosphates ?

Hi All,

Recently I swapped out all the filters on my 100gpd RODI Vertex Puratek including my the membrane.

My TDS is showing zero however my tank keeps growing hair algae, so upon investigation I discovered my phosphates from my RODI are actually 0.5-0.6 (Hanna checker ULR PPB).

Any clue what might be going on here? I would think that my phosphates would be zero if I changed out all the filters :a17:

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hi All,

Recently I swapped out all the filters on my 100gpd RODI Vertex Puratek including my the membrane.

My TDS is showing zero however my tank keeps growing hair algae, so upon investigation I discovered my phosphates from my RODI are actually 0.5-0.6 (Hanna checker ULR PPB).

Any clue what might be going on here? I would think that my phosphates would be zero if I changed out all the filters :a17:
Are you testing the water coming out of the hose or from it being sitting on the container?

I'm using 0.5 sediment block and 0.5 carbon block. The DI resin was given to me by a friend. The packaging on the resin didn't seem all that tightly done. Could the DI resin be bad or stale because of that? It doesn't look dry at all.

I was having the same issue and we are neighbors. I added an additional DI stage and changed my carbon block to a chloramine block. Not sure why I had the problem but I corrected it.
Thanks Danny. I was just thinking about messaging you.
I'm thinking it has to be the resin. Otherwise I will pick up a chloramine block with the new resin and see if that works. I really would hate to add another DI stage to my already overly expensive RODI :wacko:

Our city treats their water so it is important to have a chloramine block either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just redid my whole rodi system and went all diy and added a chloramine block... I can totally see a difference (slower) in how fast my di resign is changing color

Yup..my p04 was consistently .05 fr the rodi and burning through di resin. So far it's still looking good and 0 tds . I believe the chlorimine e blocks are the answer for maintaining it a little longer

I just redid my whole rodi system and went all diy and added a chloramine block... I can totally see a difference (slower) in how fast my di resign is changing color

So I bought some distilled water and tested it using my Hanna ULR PPB phosphate checker = 0.14
Then I tested my Tropic Marin salt mixed with the distilled water = .04, retested right after the scan and got = 0
Tested my RODI unit with the new chloramines carbon block and color changing resin = 0.14

The verdict: Hanna checker ULR phosphate checker is a POS!!! DING DING DING!!!!!

Latest posts