Violence at night !!

Mikhail85

Anyone like to use lunar lights?
I dont know what it is but after my atinics cut out, my blue lunars are timed for another 2.5 hours.. AND some of my fish get Super Super Super aggressive!!
Whats the deal ??
I thought I was trippin before, and my brother thought I was just seeing things but before , my scopas tang would constantly harass my pyramid butterfly as soon as my tanks t5s cut out.
Soon enough pyramid butterfly was dead one morning.
Bought a yellow coris wrasse already having a 6line & no problems at all.. They both did their own things , grazing and being peaceful. Started noticing as soon as its night time (only lunars) 6line would CHARGE the heck out of the yellow!
Hes now no~where to be found , its been months
Long story short I'm encountering it again with new and what I've thought to be peaceful fish!

Anyone experience anything similar ? Or notice it as well?

Anyone know the science behind it? Reasons?

(Now im so upset, im starting to Not use/enjoy my lunars & just let lights cut out)

" i`m just bad luck with fish!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Anyone like to use lunar lights?
I dont know what it is but after my atinics cut out, my blue lunars are timed for another 2.5 hours.. AND some of my fish get Super Super Super aggressive!!
Whats the deal ??
I thought I was trippin before, and my brother thought I was just seeing things but before , my scopas tang would constantly harass my pyramid butterfly as soon as my tanks t5s cut out.
Soon enough pyramid butterfly was dead one morning.
Bought a yellow coris wrasse already having a 6line & no problems at all.. They both did their own things , grazing and being peaceful. Started noticing as soon as its night time (only lunars) 6line would CHARGE the heck out of the yellow!
Hes now no~where to be found , its been months
Long story short I'm encountering it again with new and what I've thought to be peaceful fish!

Anyone experience anything similar ? Or notice it as well?

Anyone know the science behind it? Reasons?

(Now im so upset, im starting to Not use/enjoy my lunars & just let lights cut out)

" i`m just bad luck with fish!"

How big is your tank? When lunar lights come on fish know its almost time for bed so they are more territorial than ever. They chase others away from their "home" maybe your tank is small or don't have much rock for them to hide in.

Mikhail85

I have a 75 gallon.
4 pillars of rock, mixed reef.
3" scopas tang
2.5" mccosker wrasse
3" melanarus wrasse
2" misbar clown

Latest fish is the melanarus and he gets attacked by both tang n mccosker..

That does make sense though