Lateral line disease reversible?

Hey guys, so I recently obtained two donations to my offices tank a large sailfin tang and a small blue hippo tang. They were given to us because they both have signs of lateral line disease and the owner didn't want them anymore. Anyway, my question is has anyone had luck in reversing it? If so what would you recommend? So far I've been varying their diet with different seaweeds and adding vitamins and garlic to their food but its only been a week so I can't see much of a difference. Thanks

Thanks for the advise. Someone told me hypo salinity might also affect them so I guess I'll check the systems salinity because the guy that donated them ran his tank at 1.020

1.020 isn't hypo, which is more like 1.008. I also encountered having HLLE problem with Angel and Tang when using carbon. If you catch it early enough, removing carbon and do more WC along with good variety of food will reverse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, carbon can cause problems for LL. Also you great water quality goes along way. Plus it could take a while for it to go away.

Fish solution by ecosystem aquarium advertises that it can reverse HLLE. Maybe it's just a $20 snake oil. Wonder if anyone actually has seen positive effects from using it.

Happened to my purple tang, i stopped using carbon right away. Still has it but probably could of gotten worse, i heard to just feed it high quality foods and a ton of seaweed.