Help!

jessesoto33

Supporter
OK, here's a video of my poor tank, NEED HELP! I have a 50G tank with 2X250w MH. Looking for donations, anything to brighten up the tank, also looking for good deals. Please help, thanxs.

dang thats a lot of light for a 50 gal. tha'ts almost how much light i have on my 120 gal! step it up to a bigger tank and keep those lights!! lol

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
i think the coral might get sun burn ahahaha. maybe 1 250 is good enought im running 1 250watt on a 90 gallon

Here is my $0.02

If you go to vivid there sps tank has 1000w MH that are about 36" from the water and the frags are 8" below the water surface and every thing looks amazing.

I have a 400w MH over our frag bin and the light is about 30" above the water surface and the corals are 10" below the water water surface. I have had good luck with this setup.

I guess what I am saying is if you have a good reflector ie Lumenmax, Lumenark or other good brands, you should get good light spread. Basically you would need only one 250.

Now to back up my thought’s I have a 300 gal DT that is 30” tall I use Lumenark 3’s with 14K bulbs and I get good light spread and it goes all the way to the bottom. I was surprised to see my clam and other sps do well. So a good reflector is good and having too much light can kill some corals. I have killed corals with too much light and with not enough light. I found this out when I put a light mover my other frag tank the corals like the 250 mh . the corals get a 4 hour full light with 4 hour od indirect light. The growth is really good for new colonies.