Tank "half crashed" question......

I went out of town for a little over a week. I had my ma come watch it, all she had to do was feed the fish everything else was good to go. When I came back, all my SPS was bleached and a lot of Lps was sucked in. My leptos, seem to have some tissue worn down in diff areas but I think can recover. I tested my water, my mom was deff was over feeding as my nitrates went from 1 up to 4.5 I don't think that was the problem. In my opinion in can be 1 of 2 things. Firstly, a snail had crawled in my main Powerhead and completely stopped the flow in my tank. When I got it out and got the flow back, it seems a day later Lps has reopened(I'm leaning towards this as the problem, but could no flow kill all my SPS?) Secondly, I added a biopellet reactor the day before I left I put very little pellets and have tested and have seen no change in my phosphates so i doubt that was the problem. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated thanks!!!!!!
Alk-7.2
Nit-4.5
Phos-.55 high I know but it's always up here and I haven't seen bleaching
Salinity1.026
Mag-1500
Calcium-500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temp swing with no flow could definitely be a killer... Is this setback what got the parrot fish too?

Temp swing with no flow could definitely be a killer... Is this setback what got the parrot fish too?
That's what I'm thinking bud. Just can't stand all the loss. I spent days preparing to go away so that everything would be self sufficient while I was away lol yet I didn't think bout my powerhead getting jammed.

Sometimes the best laid plans still have a way of going sideways...
Hang in there. You'll bounce back. Let me know if you need any help. Or we can always grab a beer and cry into it...

Sometimes the best laid plans still have a way of going sideways...
Hang in there. You'll bounce back. Let me know if you need any help. Or we can always grab a beer and cry into it...
Thanks brother, I just watched the pens duck game i had it recorded. I guess at least I owe ya no beers:)

Thanks brother, I just watched the pens duck game i had it recorded. I guess at least I owe ya no beers:)

You HAD to bring THAT up..... Nope. You are off the hook, but I'm still open to have one or 6. We can still talk hockey, or fish, .... Or global warming for all I care... Just say when and where.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Not to sound like a d!ck (too late lol) but dude you have too many good reefer friends to not ask one of us to look after your reef while on vc....anyone of us would be happy to do it for free I am sure of that...anyway, not lecturing or judging..sorry that happened but when all is stable again, lmk know, i have a few really nice sweet pest free sps frags for you...free of course.

Not to sound like a d!ck (too late lol) but dude you have too many good reefer friends to not ask one of us to look after your reef while on vc....anyone of us would be happy to do it for free I am sure of that...anyway, not lecturing or judging..sorry that happened but when all is stable again, lmk know, i have a few really nice sweet pest free sps frags for you...free of course.
And to continue to beat that dead horse, this is a perfect reason for an Apex w/ Fusion......:deadhorse:

Thanks brother, I know that but would feel bad asking anyone to come over and check on stuff. But your right I gotta ask not worth the loss. Your the best.

+1 on the apex. Sorry to hear that btw. No flow or the biopellets could've caused a small bacterial bloom that lowered the oxygen.

Your tank have a way for knowing you'll be gone for a period of time, and something stupid always happen. I've learned to never upgrade or adjust anything prior to leaving anywhere for more than a day or 2. I have also learned to ration out the dry food in small little medicine cups for the amount of days that I'll be gone. This has helps my nieces, sister-in-law, brothers eliminate the guessing game of feeding the fish. Their response is "the fish looks hungry, when I get close to the tank". Now they know that if the daily ration is gone, feeding time is over. I wish I can afford an APEX, and be apart of the elite big boys club..I'm in the junior lite club with a RK.

Your tank have a way for knowing you'll be gone for a period of time, and something stupid always happen. I've learned to never upgrade or adjust anything prior to leaving anywhere for more than a day or 2. I have also learned to ration out the dry food in small little medicine cups for the amount of days that I'll be gone. This has helps my nieces, sister-in-law, brothers eliminate the guessing game of feeding the fish. Their response is "the fish looks hungry, when I get close to the tank". Now they know that if the daily ration is gone, feeding time is over. I wish I can afford an APEX, and be apart of the elite big boys club..I'm in the junior lite club with a RK.
Great advice bud, I like all your ideas. I'm in the same boat with u in terms of apex. I Coudnt justify that purchase to my wife so easily. Eventually I'll grab one but not ready yet.