Salinity changes

Hi All, I came into my office this weekend to do a water change. One of the first things I did was test the salinity because there appears to have been a lot of evaporation over the last couple of days. It is a 15 gallon tank and when I got here one of the powerheads was partially out of the water which I think accellerated part of the evaporation. So the salinity is 1.031, how fast can I get it back down to 1.025/1.026? I'm adding fresh water and taking out some of the old water. I've been at it for about just short of two hours and I'm down to 1.028, but I'm wondering if that is too fast.

Occupants, 2 clowns, 2 BTA and some LPS corals (froggies, hammers, torches).

I don't think you are going too fast. If you have another couple of hours, I think you could get there...
I had a similar situation with my wife's tank last week. I went from 1.030 to 1.026 in about 3 hours. Was concerned at the time,but everything is fine. My LPS was obviously happier when I got the salinity down.

Yeah, you definitely need an auto top off. Heck you could make one yourself for under $20 DIY Auto Top Off System: https://youtu.be/9UmT2rV0iYE

The kid isn't exactly a professional lol but you get the idea and everyone's gonna tell you that's a bad design blah blah blah, but I've ran something like that on my tank for 2 years with no problems

Latest posts