Bio pellet advise!!!

Ok, so a lot of coral has died. I went away a week and came back to utter despair!!!! Iv had my water triton tested nothing really stands out. This leaves me with 2 culprits. My main Powerhead stopped working while I was away. 2nd is my biopellets reactor I just started. Iv had one before with great success and started this one in the same manor. Adding very little to start. At this point if for whatever reason it is the bio pellet reactor what do I do? Do I ride it out till everything figures itself out? Do I shut it down? What are my options here? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help it... I'm a chronic masterbleacher

^^^ whats up with that?
Lol I feel like I'm in court, I should change that. It was when I first started on this forum thought it was funny. I had Kessels for a while and everything kept dieing so I went with halides and had no problems growing stuff. Corals last in my tank Iv had everything I have now for about 8-10 months.

lol.... if everything was okay before the power head and pellet... i would fix the power head ASAP and i would reduce the amount of pellets ...

lol.... if everything was okay before the power head and pellet... i would fix the power head ASAP and i would reduce the amount of pellets ...
K thanks! I fixed powerhead as soon as I came home. I really don't have many pellets in there. Like maybe a cup

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I've had my pellets get clogged for a few days then I took it off line only got cyano but not a tank crash. That's weird. Have you checked for stray voltage?

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
My tank was looking like crap 2 months after bps... took them affordable and had an improvement in 2 days. I would bet it's the bps. I've tried them 2 times with not so desirable results both times. Take them off. If your worried about phosphorus and nitrates, do water changes to bring them down.

My tank was looking like crap 2 months after bps... took them affordable and had an improvement in 2 days. I would bet it's the bps. I've tried them 2 times with not so desirable results both times. Take them off. If your worried about phosphorus and nitrates, do water changes to bring them down.
Ok turned my reactor off I'll give it a week or so see if there is an improvement. Thanks!!

Latest posts