Sosee's new 55g

Sosee

Hi all.
New to socalreefs. A long time lurker on this forum and several others.

Just set up a 55G with a 25g sump.
Still very early in the process so not a lot to report outside of my Blue Tang and Clown seem to be making the transition from my previous 20L to the new diggs just fine. I am going super slow so that I don't lose these two. I have had them for close to 5 years now.

Using Current USA orbit marine LED lights but will probably be upgrading to an Evergrow soon for better penetration.
ASM Mini G Protein skimmer
Aqua Accela return pump and Eshopps overflow.

I have about 60 Lbs live rock and a crushed coral/sand bed 1/5 to 2" deep.
I am also running a Jaebo WP-25 wavemaker and Koralia powerhead behind the rocks on one end and a Koralia Nano powerhead on the other end. (I know the nano is too weak but I have great circulation with no deadspots at the moment so I am going to leave it as is.)

I also attached my JBJ Arctica Chiller that while only a 1/15, seems to be doing a great job at holding my temps at a solid and steady 79F.

Anyway...Hi.

Sosee

The tank is off to a great start!
Cycle is done or at least it has slowed down so much that it might as well be done.

I redid the stand (A PITA let me say) but now the DT is sitting atop a nicely steel reinforced Oak stand which hides my 20g sump and 20G refugium.

Been tossing around options to upgrade the light to something(s) that can support LPS coral at a 13 inch depth if needed. I am thinking the Ecotech Marine Radion XR30wGS3Pro
http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_M...FILDTN-vi.html

Anyone here got an opinion on what two (or three) of these will do for me?
I like the features and flexibility they seem to offer. The price is steep but not impossible. (My wife will of course blow a gasket but C'est la Vie lol)

Welcome! I also have a 55 G and I'm using BML Led fixtures. They work fine for me, so the Radion Pros will definitely support just about anything you throw in your tank!

Latest posts