Keeping Aquarium Rocks White

I always liked my tanks clean which includes my rocks until they start to develop coraline algae or hair algae and I was wondering if it's even possible to keep your rocks completely white.

With enough variety of snails Im sure it's possible, but if you want the coralline algae gone you'll need to try to produce some asterina star fish.

Get 2 "sets" of rock and set up your display while you chlorine soak the others haha. That's the only way to keep them looking "white" but its not possible if you keep coral

I always liked my tanks clean which includes my rocks until they start to develop coraline algae or hair algae and I was wondering if it's even possible to keep your rocks completely white.
Running a UV sterile in addition to a nice amount of snails will keep you Rock pretty clean. The UV inhibits the growth of coroline

Ok so, here is a little secret most people don't know because these are somewhat hard to come by and some just frown upon the big hermits,
called a zebra crab. These are reef safe but oh god are they annoying. When I was a newb is purchased one of these he was very annoying and killed a snail or two to get the shell, knocked off a few frags, but my rocks were even whiter than when it was dry. Basically not only does he clean your rock they scrape piece of rock with whatever algae is on it so they file the rock slowly. 1 was keeping my 80 lb of rock super clean. But they are not the blue legged hermits , these guys are pretty big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK. When I began, I had a FOWLR temporarily while I was gathering the money for some LED lights that would support corals. With the FOWLR, I had some random Fluorescent light fixture with bulbs that came with it that I had in the garage... For the three months, it grew nothing. The day after I installed my LED Lights, algae exploded all over my tank. So, Maybe you can do it with bad lights or no lights.... But. That means no reef tank

Latest posts