question on filtration for a 180g tank

I have a question on filtration for a 180 gallon fish tank. I really don't want to buy a sump for my tank and i was wondering if i can use two aqua clear fluval power filter meant for a 110 gallon fish tank. would that mean that i would have two filters for a 220 gallon fish tank? I like this filter and has worked really well for me. I will have a big air stone and two powerheads running.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
you can use the 2 aqua clear for putting ammo chips in there and sponge for mechanical filtering. you will need additional filtering depending on what you house and what you feed.

xmas_one

You really do want a sump on a tank that size. If you're trying to save cash, a 180g tank is not the best way to do it.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
You really do want a sump on a tank that size. If you're trying to save cash, a 180g tank is not the best way to do it.
for a fwolr you dont really need a sump. really depend on what you keeping andrew recommended those fluva filter will be fine

if you already have the tank, and don't want to buy a sump, i would go the rubbermaid route...

hey... nothing is wrong with a rubbermaid open sump... okay guys... that's what my little tank is using right now... LOL... all you need to do is buy a skimmer and return pump... a bucket to place skimmer inside of it with the drain in the same bucket... very simple... my brother that had my tank before built it this way... i'll look for the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2YjVZ91LM8

LOL, you can hear our chickens...

Latest posts