Any interest in flying down to SD...

Sosee

Unfortunately I am canceling this offer.
Regulations prohibit selling seats even if it's just to cover expenses and such.
It's not worth the headache to me.
Thought it would be fun for some people here but rules are rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am canceling this offer.
Regulations prohibit selling seats even if it's just to cover expenses and such.
It's not worth the headache to me.
Thought it would be fun for some people here but rules are rules.

Can you call it a charter or something? Super cool offer!

Sosee

Nope. That's the problem. It can't be a charter and it could be interpreted that way.
I am a commercial pilot and the FAA is really tricky in the way they perceive flights like this.

Ah bummer. And I suppose if you just had people give you money under the table, and if it was ever found out and someone cared enough to make a stink you could potentially lose your license or something?

Sosee

Yea. Unfortunately my friend who brought the regs to my attention is correct. The FAA would probably interpret this to be a Charter or "For Hire" operation and that is a no no.

So unfortunately, for as much fun as this would have been, I will be making the trip alone....or at least with a really open minded and attractive 25 year old with little to no inhibitions. :)

MrSquid

So unfortunately, for as much fun as this would have been, I will be making the trip alone....or at least with a really open minded and attractive 25 year old with little to no inhibitions. :)
I've gotta say - it's REALLY hard to argue with this!

Yea. Unfortunately my friend who brought the regs to my attention is correct. The FAA would probably interpret this to be a Charter or "For Hire" operation and that is a no no.

Lol I'm 30............but okkkkkkkkk

Latest posts