Fiji mud

I have miracle mud in two of my tank's refugiums. Both also have skimmers but I use skimmers that are under rated for the size of the show tank. Not messy at all as you need a slow flow in the 'fuge to let the mud do its thang.
So basically what I have going in the video right? Do you have cheato or other algae in you fuge?

https://vimeo.com/125332989

All the flow is at the top. There's very little flow in the Refugio's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My fudge is set up the exact same way as yours looks on the video ..but I keep getting cyano growth on my chaeto.im guessing not enough flow .do you have that problem ?

My fudge is set up the exact same way as yours looks on the video ..but I keep getting cyano growth on my chaeto.im guessing not enough flow .do you have that problem ?

This is a new set up so i haven't had any problems as of yet. I got that cheato out of my 180 and that fuge only has live rock and 2 powerbeads.

The cyano is probably due to phosphates which will reduce with some time. I just pick it off the top of the water. Quick and easy way to remove crap. It took a few month before the cyano was totally gone. You can always add more chaeto.

I have used Fiji Mud, it worked well for my tank when I had it. The only complaint I had was changing it out was expensive and a mess, but I would use it again. Regarding phosphates, Look at Phosguard from Seachem, it did wonders in cleaning up my tank.

Latest posts