what kind of person kidnaps a seal?

LOS ANGELES (AP) Whoever snatched a seal or sea lion pup from a Los Angeles beach early Sunday should not be fooled by the animal's cuteness they could suffer a vicious bite, an animal rescue expert said.

A witness to the abduction said four people wrapped the pup in a blanket and left in a car around 3:20 a.m. from Dockweiler State Beach, just west of the city's international airport, said Los Angeles Police Officer Rosario Herrera. The witness said the two men and two women in their early to mid-20s were harassing and taunting the animal prior to the abduction.

The initial police report said the animal was a small seal. But a companion pup that escaped and was later found on the beach is a sea lion, according to Peter Wallerstein, the president of the group Marine Animal Rescue.

The rescued pup weighs about 25 pounds and is probably 10 months old, said Wallerstein, who stays in a trailer at the beach and was woken by security guards seeking his help. Sea lions of this size are "really small, really look cute, but they're dangerous," he said. "These are wild animals."

They're also not fit to be kept as pets.

"The animal needs fluids, needs special treatments," he said. "You can't just feed it dog food. It's not going to work."

The federal National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is investigating the abduction because baby sea lions are a protected species. Police began a cruelty to animal investigation.

People are just plain idiotic. Did you guys read about the game hunter that got trampled to death by the elephant he was hunting? I wish these people a similar fate. Dumbasses.

if i were superman, i would be hunting all of these people down... forget preventing wars... animals need a protector...

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Sad part is that local police have a partial license plate and make/model/color of the car. Shouldn't you be able to run it through the DMV database to find the car?

pgr11

Supporter
Saw this on the morning news as I walked out the door. I literally said out loud "People are just so stupid. I hate them"

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Whoever snatched a seal or sea lion pup from a Los Angeles beach early Sunday should not be fooled by the animal's cuteness — they could suffer a vicious bite, an animal rescue expert said.

A witness to the abduction said four people wrapped the pup in a blanket and left in a car around 3:20 a.m. from Dockweiler State Beach, just west of the city's international airport, said Los Angeles Police Officer Rosario Herrera. The witness said the two men and two women in their early to mid-20s were harassing and taunting the animal prior to the abduction.

The initial police report said the animal was a small seal. But a companion pup that escaped and was later found on the beach is a sea lion, according to Peter Wallerstein, the president of the group Marine Animal Rescue.

The rescued pup weighs about 25 pounds and is probably 10 months old, said Wallerstein, who stays in a trailer at the beach and was woken by security guards seeking his help. Sea lions of this size are "really small, really look cute, but they're dangerous," he said. "These are wild animals."

They're also not fit to be kept as pets.

"The animal needs fluids, needs special treatments," he said. "You can't just feed it dog food. It's not going to work."

The federal National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is investigating the abduction because baby sea lions are a protected species. Police began a cruelty to animal investigation.
gumbii did it

ahahahahahahaha [MENTION=3725]solitude127[/MENTION] it really does except I'd never want to be seen in public with a murse.