Water debri??

Ladyone

Question?? My water in my tank continues to have small debri in the water that keeps it from becoming clear.. Does anyone know what I should try or do to clear it up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladyone

Tank has been up for 2 months.. I have a sump, skimmer, sock, carbon.. I should mention it's only a FOWLR.

Ladyone

It took me over 8 months to get the water crystal clear. You can try carbon and purigen to speed up but ...I would just wait
Hmm ok.. I guess I'll be patient.. But what is Purigen??

Ladyone

[MENTION=5212]ngvu1[/MENTION] thank you.. I was googling but had no idea what it is to know if it's the right thing.. Thanks again

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Purigen works really well for polishing up the water. It also changes colors when it has expired. I believe you can throw it in the washer with bleach, rinse well and let dry and it new again.

Ladyone

Purigen works really well for polishing up the water. It also changes colors when it has expired. I believe you can throw it in the washer with bleach, rinse well and let dry and it new again.
Will I need to keep this or can I change it back to carbon once I have cleared my water??

Ladyone

In my sump next to the skimmer.. I haven't changed it so it's been maybe 6 weeks

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
It usually lasted about a month for me. Maybe after that you won't need it anymore. I don't currently run it and my water is very clear.

I've been running my tank for about 7 months. I run carbon and purigen in a reactor and although my water is pretty darn clear dang debris can't get rid of it completely either. Guess it's just time. ..

Latest posts