How to lose a potential customer (Ultragem)

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Added 40 minutes to my already normally crappy commute home to go to Ultragem in Burbank for the first time. Hours posted on Yelp and on the door say they're open until 9. I guess they mean Eastern time because I got there at 10 to 7 and no one was there. I called and left a message on their machine.

Seriously, if you can't be there, get someone to cover. If you can't get someone to cover, at least put a note on the door that you're sorry but you're sick, your mom died, it's the Armenian Day of Remembrance... SOMETHING. Don't just not be there.

I wasted 40 minutes in shitty traffic and a bunch of gas to get there. I probably won't go back if I have to call first every time to see if they're actually going to be there when they say they will.

<3 my LFS, SPS, who's also a small business but honors their hours!

maze531

Yeah I've had this issue with a few stores. I call now before I go shouldn't have to but yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I've had this issue with a few stores. I call now before I go shouldn't have to but yeah.
Thanks, just had to vent (I hate traffic...). It's not even that they weren't there, it's that there wasn't even a note. I stood outside, rang the doorbell a couple of times, nothing. Oh well!

That sucks.. but youre right about the yelp review looks like a clean store/warehouse With a huge inventory maybe worth trying again.. and let me know how it is :] its even further for me

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
A note would have made a big difference :) This place has no windows and has a doorbell, so I had to ring the bell, wait around, ring again, wait, and figure it out for myself that no one was there. I think that annoyed me more than them being closed.

Its def a nice store... but the pics make it seem bigger than it really is. I mentioned SCR... that they should introduce themselves here.

MrSquid

Maybe they were dropping the kids off at the pool. The rule of retail...no customers no customers no customers I have to take a dump oh crap customers!

It does look like a nice store though. I will have to check it out next time I get up that way.

Maybe they were dropping the kids off at the pool. The rule of retail...no customers no customers no customers I have to take a dump oh crap customers!

It does look like a nice store though. I will have to check it out next time I get up that way.
Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter

Isn't that why they make those "Back at X time" signs though? :p If it was only a few minutes I would have stuck around and waited and not been so irritated.

Latest posts