Boo yah! My 100 to 150 upgrade & build thread

So I came across a buy that I couldn't resist. There was really only one size tank that I could upgrade to and have it work in my place. And I found it here and pulled the trigger.

image.jpg
image.jpg

A lot of work coming my way but well worth it. I love the detail on the furniture. The plan is to paint everything flat black and am going with Tahatian Moon black sand.

Here's my current set up.

100g Visio non drilled.
image.jpg

Equipment list:
40 gal sump
Reef Octupus NW-200 skimmer
Apex controller
Jeabo dc6000 return pump
2 X Jeabo WP 25 & 10
3 X Kessil A360WE
2 X VHO 40 watt blue & white
1 X Current 48" LED strip fixture (for sunrise / sunset & special effects).

Special thanks to Kyle at Coral Gazers and [MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION].

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Nice! I was wondering who got this. Great setup can't wait to see it in action.

I like the build idea, but HATE black sand.. Any specific reason why you want black sand? Or just aesthetically pleasing?

Thanks guys. Yeah the furniture and the size of the set up were what sold me. The only dimension that changes from what I have now is the depth, by 6".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the build idea, but HATE black sand.. Any specific reason why you want black sand? Or just aesthetically pleasing?
Don't hold back bud! Haha.

Just a looks thing for me. I've had the idea to change out my existing sand bed for a while now.

Don't hold back bud! Haha.

Just a looks thing for me. I've had the idea to change out my existing sand bed for a while now.

Ah man.. Black sand is such a turn off for me, even the cleanest nicest set up is ruined in my eyes, because of how "unnatural" it looks. It's like kids getting a fish tank so they can have colorful gravel..... Just not for me..

Built up the door frames cause evidentially the original hinges aren't made anymore. Bad rust on the existing ones. I was asked at Home Depot if I was working on an antique ha!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest posts