My 560g Tank Build

To consolidate fishes that I've collected over the past 8 years and ones that I want to get in the near future, I've made a hefty purchase on a new 560g acrylic tank. I will document my build process in this thread. Comments and questions are welcomed. My first goal is to get everything ready by September so sand and rocks can go in. Here are some images of my current progress.

Tank Dimensions: 96"x48"x28"

Conceptual 3D Stand Layout

Actual Stand being welded

Stand being delivered

Baseboard cut and coated

Conceptual Sump Layout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Wow... I wish I had this tank. What fish you want that requires such a big tank??

Was just talking to the wife about very similar dims. LOVE the 48" front to back... This is gonna be a good one...

Thanks for all the support. I hope this is my final tank lol..., I have the following fishes. 8" dussumieri tang, 10" blue hippo tang, 6" tennenti tang, 10" vlimingi tang, 9" Sohal tang, 8" moorish idol, 5" queen angel, 8" female scribble angel, 4" gold flake angel, 6" blueline angel, 8" black Hawaiian trigger, 3" male flame wrasse, 4" male labouti wrasse, 5" marine betta, 4" blue velvet damsel (my daughter's fish), three 2.5" to 3" cleaner wrasses

Yes Ben, it has dual overflow but won't be going into a wall. I want to be able to chill around the tank and watch it from all four sides.

Awesome dims! With the sump set up... wouldn't you need 2 ato's to make sure the pumps don't run dry?
Haha..., I still don't trust ATO and plan to do it manually just like the past 8 yrs, but I will have the sump to either have an integrated bracket for ATO or leave room to add one later on. I'm still not firm on the sump dimensions. For now, it will be a 96"x30"x13", 160g sump, filled with 80g of water.

Thanks Dylan. I haven't decided yet but I do have a couple basic ideas in mind but nothing concrete yet. It will include two or more main structures with some tunnels and bridges connecting them. Need help with ideas. Pls send me images as to what you think is cool. Thanks.

Haha..., I still don't trust ATO and plan to do it manually just like the past 8 yrs, but I will have the sump to either have an integrated bracket for ATO or leave room to add one later on. I'm still not firm on the sump dimensions. For now, it will be a 96"x30"x13", 160g sump, filled with 80g of water.

I would go with a taller sump, at least tall enough to take the excess water from the over flow or even the back siphon...

I would go with a taller sump, at least tall enough to take the excess water from the over flow or even the back siphon...
That's a good idea! Right now there is a clearance of 17". I may go up a couple inches more to get extra room. The lowest point of the return line is 4" below the tank top. 96"x48"x4" is about 80 gallons. That's why I plan to have the sump at 160g with half filled.