Question Do I need Phosphates ?

so I believe My corals are starving in perticular my chalices and zoas. Haven't seen any growth on my chalices or zoas. My chalices tend to lose color over time.

My current parameters are

salinity- 1.026
calcium- 420
alk 9.0
Phosphates 0

I use Hanna checkers as well as Red Sea test kits

I usually do a water change every 2 to 3 weeks about 10 gallons about 20%. The only thing im using is chaeto and carbon. My phosphates have been zero ever since I started running the system (11 months now) I have about 12 fish I feed them twice a day and at night i throw in some reef chili powder to feed some of the chalices. I also dose Reef energy A and B

What do yo guys think ? Any advice will help

If you have fish and you are feeding them, your phosphates are not zero. What test are you using for po4?
I am using red sea and Hanna checker. I've tested other people's water to make sure my test kits work and they seem to show me phosphate levels

xmas_one

I am using red sea and Hanna checker. I've tested other people's water to make sure my test kits work and they seem to show me phosphate levels
Test it with the HI736 and see what you get. I'm sure your levels are low, but they are likely not zero. Stop running the chaeto and they will rise.

Latest posts