Duh! I forgot to say hello.

Hello Gang,

I was thinking today that I haven't introduced myself yet. I have been on here for a while now and have posted a couple comments. So this is me saying hello. Hello! I have a 50-55 gallon reef tank or should I say at one point in time it was a reef tank. My tank crashed over a year ago. I had done a cleaning and I added a new brand of Calcium (Seachem). At the time I was using Kent. I did a water change in the morning one day and that night when I got home my tank was milk white.

I didnt have any salt and couldn't do a water change until the next morning. After doing a huge water change the next morning I found all my invertebrates dead and my coral on its way out. Over the next week almost everything else was gone. I haven't picked anything else up for the longest time. I just have been doing my water changes and I built a 20 gallon Refugium. Other then that I haven't done too much in the last year or so. It was my LFS's opinion that it was the use of the new Calcium mixed with the other Kent products. I'm still not sure, needless to say I'm not mixing the two brands again. :thumpdown:

I went to MAX and picked up a couple peaces of coral. I have been thinking about getting back into it. Below is a picture of what my tank used to look like.

Thanks for reading.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hey welcome!!!!!welcomepic
Sorry about the crash....but looks like your tank is recovering nicely

Latest posts