Black Spots on my Scopas... HELP PLEASE (UPDATED WITH PICTURE)

Just noticed my Scopas Tang has a bunch of black spots on him/her... Anyone in or around South OC have a QT they would be willing to heal this guy in. You can keep him if you can heal him. Awesome fish but I'm afraid i just don't have the knowledge and/or equipment to handle the issue... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS

Or.... Any information on doing a fresh water dip? Everything I've read says I'd need to match the PH to the tank water... No clue how to do that, and I don't even have a PH probe / meter / tester to measure the tank water in the first place.

When you say "black spots" first thing that comes to mind is black ich But after looking at the picture you posted those spots look big.I doubt yours has ich. My yellow tang got black ich and the spots were really tiny smaller than a grain of salt. What I did to treat the tang was TTM plus QT with a low dose of CP. During QT I fed selon soaked food.

UPDATE on the Scopas... So i decided to do nothing to try to "cure" the problem... No fresh water dip, no medication, no quarantine... All i did was kept the fish happy and eating well and within a couple days there are zero black spots on him. I even saw some white spots on the guy but those are all gone as well. Not sure what could have caused the little outbreak.

Latest posts