300 Gallons of fun

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Here are some updated pictures. I had a couple leaks because of some mistakes I made. I was on a roll with the plumbing and I forgot to put the gate valve in for the drain so I had to cut the pipe and try to fit it in and it ended up with a leak. Similar thing with the return. So I am waiting on some pieces to come in the mail on Monday and then I'll get it all finished up.

From the living room:

short side:

Entry way:

Entry way angle:

Short side corner:

another short side corner:

backside:

back cabinet:

Back cabinet opened:

Cabinet close up:

Electronics:

FTS & inside stand:

Inside stand short side/Fuge:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Awesome setup. Will be looking at a new tank with similar dimensions. Tagging along for the ride

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, it's been a year and a half since I updated this.

So the tank has been running, no big problems other than me not maintaining it properly. I have 4 RBTA's and several pink coerulea. The pink coerulea I have had for 7 years and somehow it has survived when every other coral in my tank has died.

Anyways here are some pictures.

Under the stand, I took out the smaller tank underneath because it didn't work out the way I wanted. I am thinking of getting a smaller 6" tall frag tank under there at some point. I don't like the look of frag plugs on a little rack inside the DT.

My diamond gobies keep jumping out of my tank when nobody is home and I want to get some wrasses so I decided to put a cover on the tank. I used window screen but 3d printed my own corners with tabs on them so the screen can fit inside the glass rather than on top of it.

My plan is to get a couple small cheapy sps corals to see how they do and then ramp it up and start loading this bad boy up.

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
WOW, that's really neat. Do you run a skimmer?
no, just the ats. I have a pretty low bio load. I do have some red slime but I think that has more to do with my flow and nothing sifting the sand (no goby, crabs, starfish, snails, etc).

Latest posts