Mp40 or two mp10's?

Sdudley67

I have a 3 foot 65gal setup. I currently use 2 jabeo wp25's for my powerheads. I keep seeing other thanks using a vortech and have decided to make the switch over. I can't make the decision for one mp40 or two mp10's! Please help with any info or advice you may have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just swapped out a couple of Hydors for a pair of MP10's in my 3' 60 gallon. Corals seem to LOVE the new flow pattern, and I love no more wires in the tank. Just way better pumps. Get the wireless MP's. They talk to each other for a really cool flow pattern.

Two Mp10's will be better then one Mp40 only because with the vortechs you can switch the flow back and forth. It creates a nice variable flow that keeps any detritus fr4om settling into the rocks.

-Nick

xmas_one

If you're gonna drop that much money, I'd get an Apex to control the WP25s. The Apex won't sound like a coffee can with rocks in it rolling down a hill in two years either.

If you're gonna drop that much money, I'd get an Apex to control the WP25s. The Apex won't sound like a coffee can with rocks in it rolling down a hill in two years either.
My mp10wes went bad after a year, I got a free one replaced from ecotech, customer service was worth the extra upfront cost!

Sdudley67

The Apex is already on my list to order this week. My original thoughts were to keep the wp25's maybe add one more and figure out the programming with the Apex. But then I hear everyone loving their Mp10's and 40's with reef crest alternating and creating great flow. So I'm torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with two but make sure your tank isn't too thick.
Excellent point on the glass thickness. If it's within your budget, go with one MP40 and one MP10 given that the MP10 will work on the thickness of your tank. The MP40 will give it a much broader flow. You can always turn the MP40 down to a lower setting if needed and doing so will make any noise much less noticeable.