Chalice look ok?

Had this chalice about 2 weeks now and some days looks all super puffy and fat and some days(past few days now) has been really flat in the edges. My lights are 11" AWL (ai sol blue). He is on a disk on sand bed.

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 0
Calcium 400
Alkalinity 10dkh
Sg 1.025
Ph 8.2

make sure nothing is touching it... that usually happens when something crawls on it, or you move it... other than that, your water looks fine... it can't be too much par because they stay puffy, just bleach and die slowly...

i wouldn't worry unless the flesh starts lifting...

make sure nothing is touching it... that usually happens when something crawls on it, or you move it... other than that, your water looks fine... it can't be too much par because they stay puffy, just bleach and die slowly...

i wouldn't worry unless the flesh starts lifting...
The occasional hermit will crawl on the disk but the chalice itself. How do I know if it's flesh is lifting? It ate a nls pellet that fell on it the other day.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Is it in direct light? You can try giving it just a bit of shade, or a spot say not in the middle of your tank but more on the sides with less par.

My dumb tiger pistol shrimp had to make a path around a rock and just had to move my chalice back out into the open sand bed!! So now the chalice is on the left side of the tank in the front corner along with a trumpet that I have no idea on where to put it.

I think I need a lesson on how/where to place coral in my tank. Just looks so blah with the few pieces I have in there right now.

Latest posts