Will this acan bounce back?

Jayuh

So I picked up this little guy a few days ago and I noticed that half of it would fluff up some, but the other half never has. I was looking at it closer today and I noticed that a part of the skeleton broke off from the main part and was only attached to the rest of it from the fleshy part, and now I can see a bit of the skeleton peaking thru. Can this bounce back if I give it time? Should I do anything else to help it?

i don't see why it woulnd my scoly was getting blasted by flow and looked much worse i moved it around and bounced back nice after a few months

Geronimo

Oh yeah it will bounce back. I had two acans like that and now their beautiful colonies. Keep it in low light and low flow. When you see tentacles out, feed it. It will heal and grow much faster. And keep on top of the water parameters. Good luck! And post pictures when it gets awesome.

Was it healthy when you bought it? How long have you had it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayuh

Was it healthy when you bought it? How long have you had it?

It was healthy and fully open when I got it Friday morning. It's been about halfway open since I got it until I noticed it like this a little earlier.

Maybe it's not liking that spot in your tank. Try moving it.

Jayuh

Oh yeah it will bounce back. I had two acans like that and now their beautiful colonies. Keep it in low light and low flow. When you see tentacles out, feed it. It will heal and grow much faster. And keep on top of the water parameters. Good luck! And post pictures when it gets awesome.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep yall updated with pics, when it wasn't looking really sad in my tank, it was a real looker.

Is it possible to overfeed it? I think the healthy half's tentacles are peaking out most of the time.

reeferside

Thanks! I'll definitely keep yall updated with pics, when it wasn't looking really sad in my tank, it was a real looker.

Is it possible to overfeed it? I think the healthy half's tentacles are peaking out most of the time.

If you like to over feed your coral just keep an eye on your nitrates. My corals spit food out whenever I'm a little heavy handed