Can you help ID?

I put my live rock into my DT after cycling it for 5-6 weeks in a tub. I added bagged live sand as well. There are no fish or inverts that I purposely introduced. I have some kind of worm, maybe a bristle, I saw one poke it's head out before I could take a pic of it when I tried to put some fish food in there to bring up some ammonia.

What are these long white tube like things? They just showed up in groups all over the tank, rock and sand. they don't move and I can blow them around pretty easily.
IMG_3516.jpg

And then are these 3 pictures aiptasia?
IMG_3519.jpg IMG_3524.jpg IMG_3518.jpg

bugeye

Don't know what the first on is, but the last 3 are not aptasia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first picture just looks like debris, the second looks like little fan worms, or tube worms.

only thing i can think of is that the first white tube things are just debris out of the sand. i do have lots of fan worms in the rock, so i guess that's probably what it is if it's not aiptasia. would they overrun the rock? should i get rid of some?

only thing i can think of is that the first white tube things are just debris out of the sand. i do have lots of fan worms in the rock, so i guess that's probably what it is if it's not aiptasia. would they overrun the rock? should i get rid of some?
No need to worry, they will control themselves, based off how much food you feed and how often.

cool thanks for the feedback guys! I jumped for a second b/c I thought it was aipstasia. they are about 1-2 mm big right now and that is taken with my macro lens. so i couldn't totally tell.

cool thanks for the feedback guys! I jumped for a second b/c I thought it was aipstasia. they are about 1-2 mm big right now and that is taken with my macro lens. so i couldn't totally tell.
Don't even worry about aiptasias. They are nothing to be afraid of, you just need a few peppermint shrimp and you'll be golden, I keep 3 on my 50 at all times.

i was going to get 2 cleaner shrimp. would adding peppermint shrimp to a 28 gallon cube be too many shrimp?

i'm more afraid of a vermetid snail infestation i had. i think i got most of those...

Kami

you shouldn't have two cleaner shrimp, one is fine. Peppermint shrimp sometimes eat coral so if you have a lot of coral you might not want a peppermint shrimp

Latest posts