Help

plantman3

I ordered an aquarium from John at Advanced Acrylics. He stated that the build would take six to eight weeks. Well, after waiting for eighteen months and dealing with Johns lies and excuses I still have not received my tank. I finally ordered an aquarium from another vender. John refuses to respond to my texts and apparently has no intention of returning my money. What options do I have in an attempt to get back my $3,000.00.

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm not trying to be rude but just curious what do you think is going to happen by posting on forums? You posted the same thing on rc.

18 months is a long time and you should have contacted your credit card company or a lawyer a long time ago. $3000 is a lot of money. Good luck on getting it back, sucks to see someone lose out on that

That is strange. I went to his web site like 6 months ago max and the web site was still looking like he was in business. Anyway, I agree is 805reef, if someone does not respond to me for more than 3 days assuming I give him/her money to do work, it is a red flag already. Patient is good but waiting 18 month is hard to sell (to the credit card company I meant).

You must not be local I'm guessing? He burns a lot of people who aren't local. Not as many who are able to drive and visit him. It's a shame since he does such nice work but he steals from people occasionally.

But it's a good thing you are posting here. Many people reading this are friends with him and will let him know if he's not reading it himself.

Good luck but there are plenty of people on this forum who have been burned by him and never got any money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to be rude but just curious what do you think is going to happen by posting on forums? You posted the same thing on rc.

18 months is a long time and you should have contacted your credit card company or a lawyer a long time ago. $3000 is a lot of money. Good luck on getting it back, sucks to see someone lose out on that
If nothing else it's a way to let other reefers know they can potentially get burned by John if they are in the market for a tank, sump etc.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Wow that's horrible. Ive always read great things about AA's work. This is good to know. Can't burn people like this now days. Nail him on yelp and Google reviews as well. That should get his attention if he somehow ignores the forums

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Geez. This is terrible. I'm sorry you went through this and thanks for sharing

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
He is definitely still in business. I just ordered a custom sump and separate fuge from him and from payment to delivery (yes he sent a driver to deliver it to me in Oxnard) was a week and a half.

I have dealt with him about 3 times never have had any problems however he does take a while to return emails.

I talked to John about this and he said that the op cancelled after the tank was built. He offered to refund but only after he could find a taker for the already built tank but the op refused.

I talked to John about this and he said that the op cancelled after the tank was built. He offered to refund but only after he could find a taker for the already built tank but the op refused.

i would have cancelled too if he took 18 months to build it......

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
That really sucks man. I was just at johns shop he fixed a sump for me and did quality work. I'm not sure what the problem was with your tank but I would try to deal with him directly.