Light at the end of the tunnel

Well after 5 months in this hobby i think my luck is turning around. After a handful of mishaps i was getting to the point of throwing in the towel. I lost my first fish to what i expect to be natrate poisoning cause i was to inpatient and put a fish in only after 3 weeks of cycling (figured since it was a established tank when i bought it, it would be fine). Then decided to buy some cheap zoas and green star pollups to see how well they would do. Month went by and they seemed happy and even had growth. So i decided to buy more live rock and some more coral off a member, turns out the rock i bought was infested with everything bad you could think of. So after dealing with those little annoying anemones and whatever those millipede things are i decided to take on a LT anemone that wasnt doing to good at a fishstore (paid 5$ for it) and also over a month time aqquired 3 damsels, a clown, paired yellow watchman goby and shrimp, toadstool, hammer coral, and a chalice of some sort.

Everything was doing fine for about a month then i had my sump failure. Which exposed not having good enough flow from my powerhead after losing a fish. So i bought a better return pump and a RW8 wavemaker and was good to go for another 2 weeks until my daughters (i suspect) decided to mess with the tank and pulled the thermostat out of the water so my heater ran non stop all night bringing the tank to a whopping 94 degrees. Everything in the tank looked dead after that, anemone was shrivled into a ball, toadstool was on its side, all pollups and zoas where sucked in, and fish where barely moving. So i gradually lowered temp and kept an eye on eveything, realized i lost the hammer coral (had 10 heads) and everything else survived but had been not the same since the heat wave. Well last week i started noticing alot of growth in my tank, everything is happy and doing good, besides my watchman goby jumped out of the tank a couple weeks ago. Then last night i even noticed the dead hammer coral that i didn't remove cause i glued it down has two heads growing at the base. Also my anemone is really happy and eating like a pig again.

So after making rookie mistakes and mishaps I'm finally getting coral growth and lots of coraline, and my shrimp have decimated them anemone (which is wierd they dont touch my LTA) and i am hopefully on track to have my dream reef tank. Just need a better light then my ebay special. But it will do for now till i can afford or find a killer deal on here.

So a big thank you to you guys on having such a informative forum that has saved me countless times so far on this build. (Besides the seller that sold me the infested rocks ).

Scratch that, there is 4 new heads growing on my hammer :) . And thanks guys. Definitely frustrating seeing money go to waist cause of my inexperience, but I'm sure everybody has had some costly losses in the hobby, especially when starting out. Guess my 15 years of freshwatwr tank keeping knowledge didnt help me out with this venture.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk