Anaheim checking in

I liked the triple pillars personally...if you want more caves could you possibly just add some smaller flat pieces and make some caves/overhangs between the pillars?

Yeah, the problem is I couldn't seem to get it back the way it was. :(

And right now I hate my skimmer. I have it only running at night because I can't stand the bubbles when I'm looking at it. I think it's time to replace it.

Yeah, the problem is I couldn't seem to get it back the way it was. :(

And right now I hate my skimmer. I have it only running at night because I can't stand the bubbles when I'm looking at it. I think it's time to replace it.
I just saw that you're using a BM Curve on your NR thread...not sure if you can but did you cut the outlet from the pump down to make it flush with the intake section of the bubble chamber? I have an SCA-301, which from what I understand is a complete knock off of the BM and I have no issues with micro bubbles.

Here's the thread for the SCA 301 mod, see if you can adapt for yours: Easy Free SC Skimmer MOD. I think I have an extra barb if you need i (assuming it's the same size as the one on your pump)

I just had it apart to clean last weekend. That fitting is already flush. :)

Thanks though.
There was another suggestion of adding pvc elbows and another piece of pipe to the outlet so that the water would release above the waterline, then you could put a sponge around it to break the bubbles before it hits the water again.

Just noticed you don't have any baffles between the skimmer and the return...that's probably a lot of the issue...the PVC mod would probably make a big difference for you.

Yeah, I was looking at trying to plumb it to the fuge. But the pipes are a bastard size, I'm assuming metric. Standard sizes no workee. I'm sure there's adapters and crap out there, but... meh.