Stocking List Take Two!

GoBigGuy

Hi All,

After putting some more thought into my stocking list for my fish only 180 gallon I came up with the below list and wanted some feedback from all of you.
The tank is a 180gal w/60gal sump and a skimmer rated for 400gal.

Blue Girdled Angelfish (Pomacanthus navarchus)
Blue Tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
Red Tail Triggerfish (Xanthichthys sp.)
Regal Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus)
Goldbar Wrasse (Thalassoma hebraicum)
Copperband Butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus)
Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens)
Pakistan Butterflyfish (Chaetodon collare)
Pinkface Wrasse (Thalassoma quinquevittatum)
Red Sea Eritrean Butterflyfish (Chaetodon paucifasciatus)
Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula)
Saddle Valentini Puffer (Canthigaster valentini)

All feedback welcomed!

Web Fish List.jpg

Good choice on the regal!! I only had a grey belly but it was still an awesome looking fish, very nice colors!! Good luck with the copperband

all i know is your final fish will be diferrent than planned. we all made that list then just bought what we liked as we went along lol

I say awesome choices! Copperband and regal first, next blue girdle and flame, next the butterflies, then the redtail, then the hippo amd yellow tang, last the wrasses. Never had a puffer so not sure where in that order he would be good in. Maybe someone else can chime in on the order.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I like the list. Copperband 1st isn't a bad idea unless...... The tank is new and not fully cycled. They can be temperamental feeding. Think about adding relatively docile fish around the time of the copperband. I also agree with [MENTION=10145]mmarro22[/MENTION] that wrasses should probably go last. They can and will outcompete shy feeders like the copperband.

I have a suggestion for a wrasse. Harlequin Tusk. Really cool fish. Very mellow too, even though they look mean with those big blue teeth.

Last edited:

GoBigGuy

I like the list. Copperband 1st isn't a bad idea unless...... The tank is new and not fully cycled. They can be temperamental feeding. Think about adding relatively docile fish around the time of the copperband. I also agree with [MENTION=10145]mmarro22[/MENTION] that wrasses should probably go last. They can and will outcompete shy feeders like the copperband.

I have a suggestion for a wrasse. Harlequin Tusk. Really cool fish. Very mellow too, even though they look mean with those big blue teeth.
Do you think I have room to add more fish?

Do you think I have room to add more fish?
I'd start there and see how things go. Remember, those Angels can get to 10-12". The Blue tang can get bigger. Even a Harlequin Tusk can get to 12". I think you'd have happier fish if you stuck to your initial list.... Besides.... There is ALWAYS room for an upgrade down the line..

GoBigGuy

So here's the next question I have for everyone!

Currently I have the following:
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Yellow Wrasse
Hoeven's Wrasse
Red Coris Wrasse
Diamond Watchman Goby
Flame Hawk
2 purple fire fish
2 fire fish
3 blue damsels

The question is do I get rid of everyone and start from scratch or do I keep some and just add 3 of the new fish at a time so no one gets picked on? If I keep who do I keep?

Lmao, I think you are now just some sad lonely person that has nothing to do but waste people's time now. This would have been valuable information to know before hand. You are the king of I don't know wtf I want. Sorry

GoBigGuy

Lmao, I think you are now just some sad lonely person that has nothing to do but waste people's time now. This would have been valuable information to know before hand. You are the king of I don't know wtf I want. Sorry

I'm really not trying to waste people's time, and I know what I want, (the fish I listed at the start of this post). But I am a married man with kids and I know the hell I'll hear if I just get rid of all my current fish that I had in the reef tank from the whole family so I had to ask the question lol

I'm moving to fish only to make life simpler and if that means I need to sell off all my livestock to get the fish I want that's fine but I do have to ask the question if any of my current livestock will fit in with my wish list or if its possible to keep my current blue and yellow tangs or just start from scratch

Again sorry if you think I am wasting your time but had to ask all the questions so I don't feel the wrath of hell from the wife and my 2 girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really not trying to waste people's time, and I know what I want, (the fish I listed at the start of this post). But I am a married man with kids and I know the hell I'll hear if I just get rid of all my current fish that I had in the reef tank from the whole family so I had to ask the question lol

I'm moving to fish only to make life simpler and if that means I need to sell off all my livestock to get the fish I want that's fine but I do have to ask the question if any of my current livestock will fit in with my wish list or if its possible to keep my current blue and yellow tangs or just start from scratch

Again sorry if you think I am wasting your time but had to ask all the questions so I don't feel the wrath of hell from the wife and my 2 girls

Right because now you can say hey family I'm sorry I got rid of my fish but the people on the forums made me do it. Smh...

GoBigGuy

Right because now you can say hey family I'm sorry I got rid of my fish but the people on the forums made me do it. Smh...

Have to cover my *** one way or another lol

Well then good luck to you sir but I'm done wasting my time giving fish advice when it's clear you have no idea what you want. Take two, jets my list of like 12 fish, ok Here's my now edited list, ok now I have these like 10 fish already, should I just get like 3 from my list or should I start from scratch lol... Man I thought I had issues.

Latest posts