How to Introduce your Self

5ft24

Guess I should have done this a while back LOL

1, Name- Dave
2, A location - Mission Viejo
3, 75G, 20G external Fuge, 20G sump
4, first excursion into the brine... Been doing freshwater for years!
5, 7 months

Raimond42

Lost password to original member profile

1, Name would be nice: Raimond
2, A location will also help: Palm Springs area
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants: 120 G with 25G sump/refugium
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby: Retired from two government agencies. :usa2: Brought my tank from a neighbor that lost his home.
5, How long you have been is this hobby: 3 years, time to get out for reasons beyond my control. :boom:
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby: Not really, tank (FOWLR) is running great

1, Name would be nice- Mike
2, A location - Hesperia
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants - 80g w/ 20g sump 2 clowns, 1 blue tang, 1 sail fin tang, 1 coral beauty, 1 large RBTA, mushrooms, polyps, torches, carnation, and just got a couple sps frags
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby - a friend gave me the tank
5, How long you have been is this hobby - 5 months
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby - I'm sure I will thanks

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
1, Name: Matt
2, A location: Palm Springs area
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants: In the process of changing from a 36x36x36 cube to a glass 180.
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby: Was a Navy Corpsman for 10 yrs. Got hooked after seeing a friend's SW tank in high school.
5, How long you have been is this hobby: Had SW fish for over 20yrs. Just got into reefing in 2001 and have been hooked!
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby: One thing I've learned is that there's always someting new to learn.

Hello everyone my name Is Dave. I live in Downey. Native Californian.Have surfed and loved the Ocean my entire Life. Started with freshwater back in the 60's. About 4 years ago my wife wanted to go saltwater. To quote from some else. She said "No honey I don't think it will cost us that Much"LOL. We now have a 300 gal reef and fish. Tangs, Foxface, firefish, lots of cleaners, SPS, LPS, Softies. 300 gal sump located outside with an iwaki 70 pushing water back through 2 NU CLEAR filters and a 1/2 hp chiller. Currently residing in the sump are #s of live rock and the large angel i removed when we added different corals. Mangroves do fine outside and i plan on adding different plants as my livestock is moved. I need help everyday but not necessarily with my tank. I am enjoying this site emmensely

Hello everyone my name Is Dave. I live in Downey. Native Californian.Have surfed and loved the Ocean my entire Life. Started with freshwater back in the 60's. About 4 years ago my wife wanted to go saltwater. To quote from some else. She said "No honey I don't think it will cost us that Much"LOL. We now have a 300 gal reef and fish. Tangs, Foxface, firefish, lots of cleaners, SPS, LPS, Softies. 300 gal sump located outside with an iwaki 70 pushing water back through 2 NU CLEAR filters and a 1/2 hp chiller. Currently residing in the sump are #s of live rock and the large angel i removed when we added different corals. Mangroves do fine outside and i plan on adding different plants as my livestock is moved. I need help everyday but not necessarily with my tank. I am enjoying this site emmensely
holy moly...

pics...? wait... downey... i'll just walk over there...

LOL...

j/k...

but srsly...

pics...?

know how to take pics, don't know how to post them yet. Never had the need.
i use photobucket... make an account, upload them... after they are uploaded they will give you some links... copy and paste the link that starts with [ img ] on the post and TADA...

make a build thread... sounds like an amazing setup...

1, Name would be nice....rafael
2, A location will also help....LA
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants....12g nano, i have a ocellaris clownfish and 2 blue green chromis, a few hermit crabs and snails, 3 purple moshrooms, orange polyps(unidentified), a sunny D frag and some star polyps. not green though.(also can't tell what they are)
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby....i started with a beta when i was little. my cousin was into the hobby so i eventually got a saltwater tank. i don't know much about it though. my tank is doing okay right now.
5, How long you have been is this hobby....a few months
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby....i'd like to build a small reef. any suggestions as to what corals i can have in a 12g? i think i'm fine with the amount of fish. i might at a watchman goby.

1- Name would be nice:
Diva is good.

2- A location will also help:
Dana Point

3- Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants:
30 Gal Bowfront running with a CPR bakpak skimmer a couple of powerheads and I am sure a couple of fifty dollar bills in there

4- A history about your self and how you started with this hobby:
My husband had a tank for a short period of time. We had to break it down and sell it and he never got back into it. I really missed it so started my own and now I am addicted.

5- How long you have been is this hobby
July 7, 2011

6- Let us know if your need our help with this hobby
I am sure I will come up with a lot I need to ask but for now I am good.

Seanl

1, Name would be nice
Sean

2, A location will also help
Arcadia

3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants
90G with a 20G built in sump

4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby
Been a long time keeper with planted freshwater tanks and I am just getting started in the reefing hobby.

5, How long you have been is this hobby
2 months

6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby
could definitely use all the help I can get since im just getting started.

1, Name would be nice - Beth
2, A location will also help - Fontana
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants - 100 Gal corner tank that I'm resealing. I'm going to use the Berlin method once I'm ready to set it up. Hopefully next week!
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby - I've had a freshwater tank for about 10 years. I decided to switch to salt water about two months ago because the fish have personalities and are so much prettier. I'm ok with the extra work. (Sorry to sound girly but it's the truth!)
5, How long you have been is this hobby - about two months
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby - I am sure that I will once I have everything going.

jayrawr

1- Name would be nice:
Caesar

Downey, Ca

20 Gallon,

my friends got me into it.

December 1 2011

I am sure I will come up with a bit but for now I am good.

1- Name would be nice:
Caesar

Downey, Ca

20 Gallon,

my friends got me into it.

December 1 2011

I am sure I will come up with a bit but for now I am good.
cool... downey...

let me know if you need any help, i'm just over the river to you...

Hey everyone, names David! I live in Mission Viejo, CA. I started my first salt water tank about 10 months ago and now Im an addict lol. Numerous times a week I find myself searching the web or looking up on the forums to get my reefing fix, but have yet to say HI till now. So Hello to everyone and you all had a Merry Xmas!
My current set up is a 24G Aquapod, Media Basket, PC lighting, 25Lbs LR, 20Lbs LS. Corals: softies and LPS. FISH: Randal Goby/Pistol Shrimp, Lawnmower Blenny and a Purple Fire Fish. (I have lost many other fish and corals over my reefing journey but still Im in it for win.)
MY XMAS PRESENT TO MYSELF THIS YEAR =) Just waiting for the Controller on Back Order

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
DIY Stand I made cause I spent all my money on the lights lol.

(sorry picture wouldn't upload right side up)

Hey everyone, names David! I live in Mission Viejo, CA. I started my first salt water tank about 10 months ago and now Im an addict lol. Numerous times a week I find myself searching the web or looking up on the forums to get my reefing fix, but have yet to say HI till now. So Hello to everyone and you all had a Merry Xmas!
My current set up is a 24G Aquapod, Media Basket, PC lighting, 25Lbs LR, 20Lbs LS. Corals: softies and LPS. FISH: Randal Goby/Pistol Shrimp, Lawnmower Blenny and a Purple Fire Fish. (I have lost many other fish and corals over my reefing journey but still Im in it for win.)
MY XMAS PRESENT TO MYSELF THIS YEAR =) Just waiting for the Controller on Back Order

DIY Stand I made cause I spent all my money on the lights lol.

(sorry picture wouldn't upload right side up)
Nice looks good, and :wel3:

Latest posts