How to Introduce your Self

Ms Slick

Hi Everyone! My name is Rosemary aka Ms Slick, I'm in Arkansas and have a 75g, 35g freshwater, and 10g saltwater. I have had my 75 for the past 32 years. This past week I broke down and said what the heck I'm goin for SALT on the little one just to see if it was as horrible as everyone told me it would be... well so far, it has been such a pleasure to me I wished I had started salt a long time ago! So now I am addicted!! I would love to take the 75 and start a reef tank... but not sure if I am ready for that. Any suggestions to help me out here?? Like how much weight in rocks and such will that 75g take? Suggestions on filters and etc..?? Thanks for helping out!

jstbegin'n

1, Name would be nice: Richard/Gail
2, A location will also help: Ramona, California
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants: 125, pc, wetdry,skimm,moon light 3"sandbase, 120lbs live rock, dual heat's, all softies and cleaners, what i think looks good i try in tank. that's the sum of it.
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby: started wtih fw and grew from there, at one time 7 tanks and a pond. currently only the 125 adn 1100 gal pond, had koi till racoons ate em
5, How long you have been is this hobby:20 +yrs
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby: always looking for advice!! ty for the offer

hey all im bobby.i live in highland,started with a gold fish tank with my kids and have since worked my way up to a 55 gal fresh tank a 29 gal nano salt and just recently got a 80 gal salt tank goin.all my salt are reef with clown fish in them..been into this a year now and always lookin for advice..cheap corals or some one local to trade with.

thanx for the warm replys..any tips on how often too feed my anenomies..sorry for the gramar..been feeding them shrimp,krill,and my clowns share their formula 1 food when i feed it to them...mostly wondering on feeding sched and if i can over feed them

i would say once a week...maybe twice but i think that might be overdoing it...i dont think you can overfeed but that thing will get big quick if fed more

feed them silver side chunks... you can feed them every day if you want... but they will grow gigantic depending on color, and you might get more problems...

dwolson2

1, Name- Derrick
2, A location - Camarillo
3, 30 that is currently being built( a thread will be started when I am finished with the base of the stand...)
4, 10G,33Hex, 72 bow(for sale) and now a 30. More tanks that were FW, but too many to list. I couldn't have my 72(lease rules) so now I am going Nano! FTW!
5, SW about 3 years, started in Japan, FW like 15-20 years
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby-- None yet, my boss has a lot of experience, and is helping me out with this new build bu I am always open for advise, thats how you learn is from other experience.

Saleen281

1, Name would be nice... Brian
2, A location will also help... Beverly hills
3, Tank size, dimension, equipments and inhabitants... 90 gallon, 30 gal sump,150# of live rock, vertex In-180 skimmer, Icecap t5 ho retro lighting. BRS reactors with GFO and GAC
4, A history about your self and how you started with this hobby... My tank has been setup for about 2 years now.
5, How long you have been is this hobby... 2 years
6, Let us know if your need our help with this hobby... So I have been having a diotom problem I am running GFO and GAC, changed my bulbs and got a spectrapure maxcap RO/DI and I still have diotoms!! What should I do?

1, Name- Kim
2, A location - Mission Viejo
3, 50 gallon, hang on the back filter for up to 75 gallons, 35 lbs of live rock, need a skimmer, t5 ho lighting. 2 power heads and 2 airstones
4, Tried a tank about 10 years ago and failed miserably....probably cause I didnt read a danr thing about it. Just threw some salt and fish in and replaced them when they ddied off. Now that I actually did some research first, I am so excited about my tank and toatally addicted....I cant believe how little I knew then, and Im feel horrible about the dearly departed...8-(.
5, Ill say legit about 2 months.
6, Advice on coral placement and growth, feeding. Good fish for a peaceful reef tank. Used protein skimmer needed.