Tank setup help

adam1121

At work we are going to be buying an oceanic 72 gallon bowfront and were going to just buy a sump. Were probably going to just put a quiet one 5000 pump as the return. Do you think it'd be enough flow for the tank? or should i go with the 6000. I know i am going to need some more flow IN the tank for sps but they wont go in for a whileAlso what kind of skimmer would you put in it? For between the $200-300 price range. Were going to be going with 2-250w halides. Anybody think of anything different or better? I can add some actinics later. We are going to be wanting to keep sps. . Also how much rock do you think we are going to need and how much sand. The tank is 48longx18highx24deep. We are going to be running a 1/10 chiller as its in an office lobby so it doesn't really ever get hot. And what kind of salt do you guys recommend and who has good deals on it? I will be going down to marine depot to pick up alot of this stuff above.

LMK thanks

For a return, why dont you just go with a magdrive? Much more reliable imo. If you can find a deltec for under $300 go for it lol. If not a euroreef will work well. I love mine. For the lights do 2-250 HQI with phoenix 14k since you're gonna add sps. For salt use Tropic marin. It'll be easier to use catalina though. Later
Deven

adam1121

Ha ha, i was looking at the euroreef. I was planning on using the tropic marin pro just wanted to clarify. I was thinking those lights and for sure those bulbs. Do you have any mag drive pumps at your store? Also how many gph do you think? I wanted a better one but work is being narrow minded right now about where to buy all the crap. Lmk thanks bro.

Last edited:

adam1121

I think i will be as work said i can pick out the stuff i buy and i have a 4000 limit with a couple hundred over if need be.=) so yours will be a great deal and save me money haha. :top:

I would say a mag drive 18 and tee it off into two returns and add a couple of Koralias if needed. We dont have any magdrives right now, but we can get them within a couple days

Latest posts