Apex display / wireless question

My apex display died on me. I had turned my skimmer off for cleaning at the time and need to get it going again.

At the same time, my wireless connection stopped working so I can't make any adjustments online. So, I can order a new display but I was wondering if i needed one if i could get the wireless working again. Is that true?

If so, can someone tell me where to start trouble shooting the wireless?

As long as you know the id and pw of the Apex, you can work without the display. To make sure you can work without the display, run the wire directly to the router and make sure the apex is still working first before trying to fix the wireless; divide and conquer, 1 variable at a time.

There are many ways to trouble the wireless issue, but depending on your level of network knowledge, there might different approaches.

My level of network knowledge would be low. I believe the Apex is still working but I will check. All of the presets on the outlets are still working i just can't make any adjustments

What do you mean you cannot make any adjustment? You connect to the Apex using the wire and the change does not take effect? If that is the case, something is wrong with the Apex right?

To trouble shoot the wireless, you can use your laptop as a test device. Turn off your wifi device and use the wife dongle and check to see if the ip is received and the laptop can go online...This make sure the wifi device is good before using it on the Apex. Google and youtube have a lot of help for this type of things

What do you mean you cannot make any adjustment? You connect to the Apex using the wire and the change does not take effect? If that is the case, something is wrong with the Apex right?

To trouble shoot the wireless, you can use your laptop as a test device. Turn off your wifi device and use the wife dongle and check to see if the ip is received and the laptop can go online...This make sure the wifi device is good before using it on the Apex. Google and youtube have a lot of help for this type of things
By adjustments, i mean that I can't change any of the programming. The apex is still running my pumps and lights, etc and the programming is still working for each outlet i just can't see the display so I can't make any changes.

I did check google and did searches on the forums before asking but I will check again and will specifically check on the wifi.

so basically you cannot use the computer or the phone to connect to the Apex correct? Someone recently had similar problem and he replaced the wifi dongle and the problem went away. Anyway, you know what to do. good luck

That is correct. I am pretty sure Im not using a wifi dongle to connect so i dont think thats the problem but I will confirm its working. Thanks.

Latest posts