NCRMAS July Meeting

We are trying to get the north county san diego reef group going again. Resurrection meeting is saturday, hope some of you can join us.

North County Reefers Meetup
Day: Saturday July 25th
Time: 1-3pm
Where: Pizza Port in Bressi Ranch
Address: 2730 Gateway Rd Carlsbad, CA 92009

Topic of discussion will be water parameters and how to test and make adjustments.

The general schedule of the meeting will be:

1:00-1:15 some time for people to gather and say our hellos and order a beer and some grub
1:15-1:45 Discussion on water parameters and what you should be monitoring and how to use some test kits. I would like to allow some time to demonstrate some test kits and allow members to test their own water samples
1:45-2:00 Some time to discuss future meeting locations, topic ideas, and general future of where people want the group to go
2:00-2:30 group frag swap and time to hang out and drink and eat
2:30-3:00 clean up, sober up and head on our ways

This schedule is just a general plan of attack and may change depending on how long people take to get settled in and how many people want to test their water parameters.

If you are planning on attending please post here. If you have a certain test kit you want to bring let us know what it is so I can lookup the test procedure before the meeting. And if you have some frags for the frag swap post up some pics!

For this first meeting we are going to leave the frag swap selling and buying to the owners and interested members. I am waiting to hear from the manager at pizza port if we can setup the community frag tank. But even if we can't, bring frags in containers so others can see what you've got. I think in the future we would like to setup a frag auction where we will setup a video display and do one coral at a time, letting everyone bid on that item. We would like to collect a 10% fee in order to help fund the group. This is one of the topics we can discuss during the meeting.