Feed snails?

So I got my snails from reef cleaners and I think I have too many. Should I start feeding them at some point after they finish feeding on what's currently in the tank? What should I feed them?

I have a thirty gallon tank with dwarf cerith, Florida cerith, nassarius vibex, nerites, and trochus snails.

I'll take some off your hands. Haha, seriously though unless your tanks new they won't run out of food.

I'll take some off your hands. Haha, seriously though unless your tanks new they won't run out of food.
haha ok, my tank is about 2 months old, I guess really 3 if you count the cycle. I think I waited a little too long b/c I have algae everywhere.

You can tie nori onto a peice of rock and toss it in their for them also
nori being just the stuff you buy at ralphs that's slightly salted???

ill buy some snails if you're looking to sell
i'll hold off for now, i do have a ton of algae. I was just worried about later. reefcleaners just gave me like ~25 extra dwarf cerith snails. i asked for 15... :p i guess john lives up to the rep.

They will die if you have a very clean tank with no phosphates/nitrates etc, and therefore no food source from algae. I have put snails into my sump and forgot about them, and they starve when they finish the section they are in if I forget about them. It can be tricky feeding the snails without overfeeding the tank. Try pellets that sink if they are nassarius.

Latest posts