Anemone questions...

5ft24

Had 2 RBTA'S a year ago. Have 6 now.
Sunday they were happy as could be. Moved the tank to my new place, and the nems/rock etc were all submerged in tank water. Got the tank half full of new, half full of old and added all the rock/nems/corals back in. Added the fish. Salinity was the same etc. Everything is great except the nems. Today, they look a little scraggly. Mostly just the body, tentacles tiny, pulled in, but stuck SOLID to the rock still. A couple are hanging like nutsacks... none of them have any odor, mouths are all tightly closed, params are still really good, no nitrites, nitrates or ammonia.
Should I just keep a good eye on them?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea it happens i even get that once a year or so that out of nowhere they look like they are just going to dieoff but its just a cleanse and in your case prob high stress levels. 50 percent addition of new water probably not the exact same temp or peramitrers can do that. But as long as the foot is working well and the mouth and gaping dont worry bout the ballsack look:)

5ft24

Yep. All of them. And one had just split before the move

Don't mess with them, taking them out, moving them around, smelling them is probably stressing them out, with the addition of most likely some die off in your tank from the move. Just observe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ft24

Well, they finally died... Salinity was identical, temp was identical, but the ex had unplugged the skimmer a week before, so 75% clean water must have been too much of a shock to them. Fish and the Zoas I had are all OK.

Boooo. A family dead. You can all have a 21 gun salute tomorrow at the range [MENTION=6028]Fly5150[/MENTION] [MENTION=3047]Adrock[/MENTION]. Or a 2 gun salute.

Latest posts