Clownfish disease?

I bought a pair of black and white ocellaris clownfish a week ago. they're both juveniles and in my QT right now. on the bigger one I just noticed this white spot on one side of the body and a faint white streak on the other side.

is this brook? can someone confirm? how do i treat it?

I can't totally tell, but I think so which makes me think it's brook. They are both breathing fast, opening and closing their mouths pretty quickly.

Brook! Fresh water dip. Change out your water in QT n feed good luck
I can't tell for sure but what if it's just a flat white dot?

This showed up within one week of getting my fish should I take them back local fish store said I can return them and get new fish if I want

I can't tell for sure but what if it's just a flat white dot?

This showed up within one week of getting my fish should I take them back local fish store said I can return them and get new fish if I want
You can try but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.. They don't know how your water is or if you had a clown before that left brook in your tank.

You can try but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.. They don't know how your water is or if you had a clown before that left brook in your tank.
I called them and they said that they were willing to take them back. I am just wondering if that's worth it or should I try to treat them.

Jayuh

If it's brooks, those fish have probably already contaminated your tank with it, so odds are, if you replace them, the new ones will get it as well.

does everyone else think it is brooknella too?

my plan is to do this... take out fish wash tank with mild bleach and tap water. then wipe dry and leave dry for 2-3 days before putting more fish back into the QT. thoughts?

ok i'm just going to go return the fish. the LFS was ok with that. the next question is...

i did a quick check between tanks to see if i shared anything. i did share a bucket to change water and a cup.

the process was:
i used the cup to take out water from the QT tank, and then that same cup to put new water into the QT tank.
afterwards i then went to change water in my DT. I put the old tank water into that same bucket, then put new water into that bucket again and slowly put the water into my DT.

would that be enough to transfer brook to my DT through that cup to the bucket?

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
ok i'm just going to go return the fish. the LFS was ok with that. the next question is...

i did a quick check between tanks to see if i shared anything. i did share a bucket to change water and a cup.

the process was:
i used the cup to take out water from the QT tank, and then that same cup to put new water into the QT tank.
afterwards i then went to change water in my DT. I put the old tank water into that same bucket, then put new water into that bucket again and slowly put the water into my DT.

would that be enough to transfer brook to my DT through that cup to the bucket?
I would say most definitely.

Latest posts