Apex Conductivity

JPLreefer

I realized that all of my probes were left out of water/calibration fluid/conductivity fluid for the time that I have had my tank down. It's been close to a year. I know I have to replace me pH probes. I was curious if the same applied to my conductivity probe?

60 views no responses?
I have no clue, but just email support and you will have an answer in the morning. I feel like it needs to be wet also, but have no idea, keep us posted once you find out im curious, goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you don't have to.

If it's the same probe for measuring salinity, you just gotta recalibrate the probe in 53,000 calibration solution.

JPLreefer

Wow thanks Johnny. Unfortunately, I will be working in San Diego tomorrow. I will be done down there on Thursday. Could you possibly wait until Friday?

Ive purchased a few of these apex lab grade conductivity probes and recall they always shipped dry. I bet you can just put the probe in distilled (not RODI) water for a day to dissolve any salts on the electrodes and you will be good to go after recalibrating the apex module. These probes are a pain, tend to drift, and indirectly measure salinity, which is really what you want to know. IMO i can live without it.

The pH probe i believe is a typical sanz electrode. From my lab rat dayz i recall they can be rehabilitated if left dry for not too long (a week?). You wouldnt mess with an old probe for a science experiment. But if you are buying a new pH probe anyway, try this procedure and if the old one reads close to the new, keep it as a backup. http://www.all-about-ph.com/ph-glass.html

JPLreefer

Thank you for your inquiry. The probe should be rehydrate in RO for 3 hours. The calibration should be done after its been hydrated again. Normally if its a lab grade probe it should be replaced everything 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

gerry0625

I would try and calibrate it if doesn't calibrate then you need a new one if it take longer than normal to calibrate you may also need a new one other than that it should work. All of my probes have come wet with a plastic container over the tip with some sort of fluid in it. I am going on year 2 on all my probes with no prob yet.

Latest posts