Fish completely disappearing.....

well you may find them when you break down the tank drain it and scoop out the sand that's where you usually find bones , remember the sand is alive and may consume ill/dying and or dead fish . hermit crabs plus other critter will feast on the free meal

https://youtu.be/HG17TsgV_qI

this is in fresh water , I feel in salt water thing decompose and are eaten much faster
https://youtu.be/PuPSiBaa8lY

well you may find them when you break down the tank drain it and scoop out the sand that's where you usually find bones , remember the sand is alive and may consume ill/dying and or dead fish . hermit crabs plus other critter will feast on the free meal

https://youtu.be/HG17TsgV_qI

this is in fresh water , I feel in salt water thing decompose and are eaten much faster
https://youtu.be/PuPSiBaa8lY
I got no sand! That's why it's so easy to say I can't find them lol that and lots of tonga rock gives me views almost everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam do you have a digital camera or video camera set it up and film the tank at night or when u can then review the footage and see if u see any creepy crawlies coming out of the rock at night to eat your fish

Csreef

Years ago I had a crab that lived in the rocks and only came out at night. Didn't know he existed until all my fish started to disappear. Tore into the rocks to try to find anything and was shocked at its size. Good luck

great idea, I may have toy buy something just to figure this out. I just feel it would have to be a huge creepy crawly to catch and disappear a crosshatch.
Adam do you have a digital camera or video camera set it up and film the tank at night or when u can then review the footage and see if u see any creepy crawlies coming out of the rock at night to eat your fish

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you have a large clean up crew? I have had tangs disappear with absolutely no trace. Bare bottom as well. I've seen a skeleton get stuck in the back of the rock work before

Large in terms of a good amount,yea id say so but nothing big in terms of any particular species.still would baffle me if they could get a trigger.
Do you have a large clean up crew? I have had tangs disappear with absolutely no trace. Bare bottom as well. I've seen a skeleton get stuck in the back of the rock work before

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
i had a blue faced angel dissapear, pretty decent size. found the skeleton in the rock work. I wouldn't underestimate the ability of your clean up crew.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I think you might have "el chapo" in your tank lol jk if everyone else is fine, then it might just be coincidence that they died around the same time. As for the leopard. I didn't see mine for 3 weeks. Now he is out swimming. Fish are weird...

Man this is crazy. Just a few days ago a buddy of mine told me he bought a copperband and when I told him dude why didn't you ask me take him back he said it just disappeared. I went to his house a few days later and zero signs of him.
I can understand a smaller fish. I had a bartlett anthia turn male when there was already a male in the tank. They fought and fought till eventually one gave up. He wedged himself between my rock work where I could see his tail, but not enough to be able to pull him out. Few days later disappeared. Then about a week later I saw his skeleton floating around. I grabbed my net to pull him out and just as i was removing my screen top my wp60 sucked him in and made the entire skeleton vanish.
Honestly though, 2 decent sized fish, no sand, clear views. .. i think it's time to break down and inspect every crevice of every rock. Unless you have a cat that is getting a late night treat out of your display there has to be something in there that shouldn't be.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
if you have a good clean up crew they make due of the dead fish. check ammonia and stuff like that it will show a spike if they are decaying in your tank

justjes45

OMG! I have had the same problem! I have had about 4fish go "Poof!"
I am thinking about starting a trap to try to catch a gorilla crab or mantis shrimp... Don't know what else it could be. No bodies, mo tank parameter spikes...
I thought I was nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk