Giving sellers longer to be able to edit threads in classifieds?

organism

2020 POTM
I'm just offering a suggestion since this has been a bit of an issue for me on some threads, but though it's easy to keep a thread updated while it's still editable it's been kind of a pain to post up what's sold after that time limit's passed. I'll inevitably get about 15 pm's for an item that's still on the original post but that I said was sold on page three. Also if a price changes on later posts most people are still looking at the first one and don't notice it...

Would it be possible to add a functionality where a seller posting in the classifieds has a longer amount of time to be able to edit their original post, like up to 7 days or something? If it's about that setting not being available in the site settings I can most likely program it into the source code, would make things a little smoother imo. Just a suggestion :)

I'm just offering a suggestion since this has been a bit of an issue for me on some threads, but though it's easy to keep a thread updated while it's still editable it's been kind of a pain to post up what's sold after that time limit's passed. I'll inevitably get about 15 pm's for an item that's still on the original post but that I said was sold on page three. Also if a price changes on later posts most people are still looking at the first one and don't notice it...

Would it be possible to add a functionality where a seller posting in the classifieds has a longer amount of time to be able to edit their original post, like up to 7 days or something? If it's about that setting not being available in the site settings I can most likely program it into the source code, would make things a little smoother imo. Just a suggestion :)
That sounds pretty sweet but I'm sure they do it so people don't take advantage.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

organism

2020 POTM
It's not lazy, it's just hard to get people to read any post other than the first one... I can't even get people to read the first sentence of the post that has my zip code so they stop asking me where I'm located lol

I'm missing how people would take advantage since mods can see edits on the back end?

BeanMachine

Supporter
It's not lazy, it's just hard to get people to read any post other than the first one... I can't even get people to read the first sentence of the post that has my zip code so they stop asking me where I'm located lol

I'm missing how people would take advantage since mods can see edits on the back end?
I dont think the mods can see the edits... at least I dont remember being able to when I was one here.

organism

2020 POTM
Well forget that then, you'd end up with someone continually editing the thread to replace sold stuff with new stuff and no one would be able to catch them.

Latest posts