Victory!

I'd like to think success! I've had this little guy... (for a hermit though actually kinda big) for about a month now and I thought he was a goner because yesterday I saw red hairy legs floating around in my tank and couldn't find him. I thought to myself my red coris must have gotten to em. Well here he is all legs in tact just chillin. I'm curious, if I got another one or two of these or an anemone hermit you guys think they would fight and kill each other? Also how crazy are these guys over small fish? I'd hate to lose my like 2" royal gramma. My clowns and fire gobies better be quick but my royal gramma would hurt.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Those guys are opportunistic predators and will gladly eat any small fish or inverts they can catch. The chances of them catching your royal gramma though I'd say are pretty low as they usually sleep in a small hidey hole in the rocks. Though it is a possibility. So, more hiding places for small fish are good in your case.
They are also known to fight and kill each other if they want the shell, so I'd recommend only keeping one of that species in the tank if you want to keep it long term.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
[MENTION=10145]mmarro22[/MENTION]

you are so lucky...me on the other hand, not so much. I got home yesterday to find what appeared to be my skunk cleaner shrimp molting. Well, upon further inspection it was my actual scs that had been beheaded and killed. Pretty sure it was my Bodianus Opercularis because all the other fish in the tank are pretty docile and have never messed with any of my clean up crew. RIP skunk cleaner shrimp.

Those guys are opportunistic predators and will gladly eat any small fish or inverts they can catch. The chances of them catching your royal gramma though I'd say are pretty low as they usually sleep in a small hidey hole in the rocks. Though it is a possibility. So, more hiding places for small fish are good in your case.
They are also known to fight and kill each other if they want the shell, so I'd recommend only keeping one of that species in the tank if you want to keep it long term.
Nice they have plenty of hiding places :). I think if he killed my gramma I'd pull him out his shell take em to my lfs and feed em to a trigger lol jk but I'd be pissed and bumbed. I'm contemplating a second one. I actually have a lot of spare empty shells in my tank of all sizes. He's on his third shell now.
[MENTION=10145]mmarro22[/MENTION]

you are so lucky...me on the other hand, not so much. I got home yesterday to find what appeared to be my skunk cleaner shrimp molting. Well, upon further inspection it was my actual scs that had been beheaded and killed. Pretty sure it was my Bodianus Opercularis because all the other fish in the tank are pretty docile and have never messed with any of my clean up crew. RIP skunk cleaner shrimp.
Ouch, rip scs... that freaking blows. I never really had luck with cleaners. I tried like 4 in the past. Two shocked instantly out of the bag the other two lived for a while and although the fish would look for them they wouldn't clean em. Eventually parished after a few weeks. I'm done with them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts