Inferno BTA needs help!

Hi guys! I'm posting here to see if anyone can figure out what's wrong with my Inferno BTA. This is my 2nd Inferno BTA that's showing the exact same symptoms. and I'm totally clueless..

Short history: purchased the inferno from a T5 tank. normal hour acclimation and it looked great for a week. Then it started expelling zoo daily. multiple times a day sometimes. It died in 3 months, losing tentacle at first then flat.. after asking the forums, I concluded the reason was my Kessil lights were too strong. running at 90% intensity.

Current Parameter:

Kessil A360WE: ramped to 40% intensity max. 40% color (blue). 8am-6pm
Kessil A150 Deep Blue: 100%. 8am-10pm.
Alk: ~9
Calc: 450
Mag: 1450
Salinity: 1.025
Nitrate: recently shot up to 50... found out my vinegar dosing tube was bad. So switched that up and now slowly getting down to ~15.

symptoms.. while all other BTA are doing great. the inferno keeps pooping out zoo at night. only at night. during the day it's fully expanded. sticky. eating.. I've had this one for almost a month now. He started expelling zoo at night recently. This exact same thing happened to my last inferno. It died after 3 months of shrinking..

I thought my last inferno died due to kessils intensity. It was weird because my other BTAs (even ones introduced AFTER the inferno) were doing great. this inferno started with 40% intensity.

It expel zoo every single night . fully expands during the day..

Any suggestions on what to do? If this keeps up for another few weeks, I am going to move him to my 6 month old T5 tank. hopefully a new environment can save it? or shall I attempt treating in a QT? (i am not very confident with)

thanks guys!

here's how it looks now. It stays this way all day. Can't even tell something is wrong. (except the tentacles are shorter than before). When it's close to light off time, it starts expelling zoo.. purple/brownish poo.

ivan

Featured Reef
I have a friend that Recently got some from a well know store and both are doing the same thing he drop them off at my house so I can help him with them but I try everything and I can't figure out what's wrong with them now we are just waiting for them to recover or die...:(

my last one was store bought. This one is not. it's a split and it was under LED lights. So iono..

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
I have one under reef breeder value fixture LEDs. Picked it up when rap was in town. My intensity is at 100% blue and 40% whites. Blues on 12 hours, whites 6. Mine is happy and growing. I feed it once a week. I have it in a slotted acrylic box near the top of the tank. I have the lid open and both doors removed. It gets good flow and hasn't left the box. Maybe this info will help you. No3 is 30 ppm and po4 0.1 approx. 74-78 temp. What's your temperature?