Jaw fish question

limaluis17

I want to get a jawfish but I have never had any experience with them. I have a 180 gallon fish tank with a 5" sand bed. I was thinking of getting either a yellow head jawfish, dusky jawfish or a black cap jawfish. Anybody have any experience with any of these. Or can I keep all three of them in my tank? I want to have a peaceful jawfish since I have peaceful fishes in my tank. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

I want to get a jawfish but I have never had any experience with them. I have a 180 gallon fish tank with a 5" sand bed. I was thinking of getting either a yellow head jawfish, dusky jawfish or a black cap jawfish. Anybody have any experience with any of these. Or can I keep all three of them in my tank? I want to have a peaceful jawfish since I have peaceful fishes in my tank. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.
In a tank that size you may be able to get away with two, mayyyybe even all three but most likely be pushing it with 3. They normally will settle in a certain area and then that's pretty much home. They won't stray very far from where they settle.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jaw fish in general don't messwith anyone so long as nobody goes near their home. They keep to themselves and to their burrow /rock/ corner. Anyone goes near their home though they will get chased off.

Oh okay then thanks for the advice it really helped on my decision Iofht go with a yellow head jawfish and a black cap jawfish.
No worries, try to introduce them at night and each at different ends of the tank. They will probably never see each other at all in your 180