What did you guys get at RAP?

I was teetering on starting a planted tank and met the SCAPE club guys. But they weren't too friendly. F' planted tanks. Doing a reef now. :)

I was teetering on starting a planted tank and met the SCAPE club guys. But they weren't too friendly. F' planted tanks. Doing a reef now. :)
that sucks because it's true... but then again, they were bored out of their minds... i told them to bring stuff to sell, and i would by.. i'm starting a planted tank, and don't let them discourage you... it takes more patience, and is more rewarding than a reef tank IMO... once you set it up, you can't change it..

the guy was nice on friday... saturday too... but on sunday, he wanted to leave and had enough of these reef folk.. LOL...

That is a beauty. Very nice.
Thanks. John from AA is a super nice guy. I was originally going to customer order one as I wanted 4 dosing connectors and probe holders but this one has an extra hole for doser so he is sending me the bulkhead for it along with a probe holder so I can weld it on myself at no extra cost.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Picked up a beautiful pink watermelon frag from WWC. It had a special name on it, WWC something chalice but I didn't enjoy the conversation with Victor or Jason Fox. The conversation when they would look at me was more like $120 for that, $40 for that and $80 for that one. Not much else to our personal encounter but then again I'm not that friendly either.

But I do like the pink watermelon, old school. And I got a beautiful Millie frag called sea monster from L. And I don't have a picture of either to share yet

Picked up a beautiful pink watermelon frag from WWC. It had a special name on it, WWC something chalice but I didn't enjoy the conversation with Victor or Jason Fox. The conversation when they would look at me was more like $120 for that, $40 for that and $80 for that one. Not much else to our personal encounter but then again I'm not that friendly either.

But I do like the pink watermelon, old school. And I got a beautiful Millie frag called sea monster from L. And I don't have a picture of either to share yet
I got the Sea Monster as well. Excited to see your picture of it! :)

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
All of it? You missed out big time. Dwarfed other raffles.
i helped setup the raffle table and presentatin seats. didnt stay long enough to see the raffle prize. booo

it was pretty cool. less then 10 minutes we did this. shows what team work really means

Last edited:
Grad school lyfe. ;[

There wasn't a grand prize like last year (a big tank, I think).
There was several large tanks. 300 gallon glass cages, a Red Sea Reefer series, a 120 Gallon Marineland Cube, etc. We had Neptune products, multiple ecotech products, reef brite, ATI, Vertex, etc etc.

well, in a general sense, exhibitors usually don't like to see the flow of business interrupted during show hours (especially if its only a six-hour day, etc.)
I'm sure you overcame that. But when it comes to attendees, they are not so easily "informed" as to the details of trade show scheduling. (remember not everyone reads these boards)
so unless there was a proliferation of signage or something I can see where people may assume the 2:00PM drawing was the main drawing, or 4:00PM is the only drawing, etc.
again, only speculating based on comments made here.