Has Anyone Had Trouble with ReefNerd.com?

Jayuh

So long story short, I'm in the middle of a horribly messy experience ordering from that site. I ordered t5 end caps from them Saturday, and I haven't gotten an order update past letting me know my payment went through. I have orders sent from UPS automatically tracked, so I know it's not on it's way and they just didn't tell me.

I've sent an email Monday, yesterday and today, I've called them at the 800 number (it just keeps looping you back to the home message), I've even faxed them out of desperation, and nothing :frusty:

Has anyone ordered from them before and gotten their stuff, or did I just walk straight into a scam site?

**** sorry for your experience. I haven't ordered from them before but was about to put in one for replacement powermodule reflectors and now I'm scared. They and aquarium specialty seem to be the only places online who carry ATI parts.

Jayuh

**** sorry for your experience. I haven't ordered from them before but was about to put in one for replacement powermodule reflectors and now I'm scared. They and aquarium specialty seem to be the only places online who carry ATI parts.
I'll try to keep yall updated. I'm really hoping this is just a huge mistake or mismanagement on their part. If it isn't, I'm only out $30, which sucks on my college kid budget, but it could have been waaaaaaay worse

I'll try to keep yall updated. I'm really hoping this is just a huge mistake or mismanagement on their part. If it isn't, I'm only out $30, which sucks on my college kid budget, but it could have been waaaaaaay worse
Out on cash for something that was not delivered why? If after a reasonable amount of time there is no response from the seller and you don't receive your item call your credit card company or bank and tell them you need to file a claim. That you've contacted them multiple times and haven't received any kind of response. They will instantly refund you your money and the place you ordered from will get smacked not only with a refund but a fee for the transaction which can be 25 to 30 bucks. They will have a certain amount of time to prove they sent you what you paid for. If they can't provide tracking information proof then that's the end of it, if they can and maybe you weren't home to receive it and someone stole it then things get tricky, might have to file a claim with the shipping company. Just make sure before you take action that it wasn't an honest mistake. A lot of websites can be run by a single person or two even if they look huge. I manage a site looks pretty big you'd swear I have a warehouse and a decent amount of employees but it's just me answering emails live chat and phone processing orders a-z. If say I was in a car accident, legal problems etc any orders placed I wouldn't have a way too respond ship or do anything.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jayuh

I fully intend on contacting my credit card company if I don't hear anything soon. I just meant that not having $30 for like a week while i sort everything out instead of not having, say $300 or $3000 for a week.

Just use aquarium specialty. They are solid.

Jayuh

update:

So I came home today and and a package from ReefNerd was on my driveway. Just as I was about to send them an apology email, I open up the box and they sent me the wrong items. Instead of sending me end caps, they sent me the stand offs you use to mount them.

How convenient...

off to write a strongly worded email and fax combo

:frusty:

Jayuh

Update:

So I guess my tip for dealing with these folks (...if you must. I think from this review of my experience, it's pretty clear that I'd never recommend shopping on that site to anyone.) is to fax them, because it seems like they never received or read any of my emails, but respond pretty quickly after I faxed them a letter.

They kind of got back to me. They didn't (and still haven't) given any sort of explanation or even a simple apology about anything, but they did cancel my order and they said they are refunding me.

As for the standoffs they sent me, I'm not really sure if they want them back or not, literally the only note I got from them was, "Your Payment has been refunded."

Latest posts