Is anyone interested in plumeria?

btw trung, you need to spray your trees... i don't want to sound like a dick, but looks like your plants either have aphids, or possibly plumeria rust... hopefully it's just aphids... some soap and water can take care of them... but rust is sorta hard to get rid of if you has a lot of it....

btw trung, you need to spray your trees... i don't want to sound like a dick, but looks like your plants either have aphids, or possibly plumeria rust... hopefully it's just aphids... some soap and water can take care of them... but rust is sorta hard to get rid of if you has a lot of it....
Thanks Gumbii. I haven't watered the plants much lately, so that how the leaves turn.

Thanks Gumbii. I haven't watered the plants much lately, so that how the leaves turn.
nope... not sunburn, not dehydration... you got bugs... very simple fix... put some bayer premium on the roots and water it... it should not affect the cuttings or whatever you're selling... but it looks like poop... i can see them in the last picture...

So they don't need roots to survive? Dont you need to take the flowers and a lot of leaves off for survival since flowers need a lot of water? My neighbor cuts the branch. Wraps the bad in foil for whatever reason. And outs it in a bucket of water in his garage. If you want to trade some for some frags pm me.
They don't temporarily... they store quite a bit of water. You cut off all the leaves and flowers. Cut the leaves about mid stem so they don't bleed the white sap as much and dry out. I let mine dry out for a couple weeks and callus. But I've also fresh cut a couple and put them in the ground. Some people wrap the cut end, some with tape, some with electrical rubber dip, etc.

I think with our dry warm weather, covering the cut end isn't totally necessary but that is just my theory.

All I've read is you don't want to water them when they don't have roots, only mist them lightly every few days. There is no sense in watering a plant with no roots. The stem will just rot. With no leaves and flowers for the plant to concentrate its energy on, the plant will focus on rooting. Once it grows a few new leaves, then you can start watering. Once a week is what I'm doing although I've ready plus or minus that. Some good advice I did read though, if your in doubt about over watering, wait another week.

But there are lots of ways to root plumeria from the research I did.

Hey [MENTION=3725]solitude127[/MENTION] stick to reefing.

Last edited:

Latest posts